Sunday, 6 January 2013

Beauty Favourites of 2012

















It is Sunday and I thought of writing a laidback post about something that I am really passionate about; beauty products. My husband is crazily cheering on his team in the living room with Najla, so, I am alone in front of my laptop.

This will be my most used products in 2012 and also a mini review about each and every product. 2012 was the year that I hoarded quite a large amount of beauty stuff. Therefore, part of my 2013 resolution is to stop buying more beauty products and to use up the ones that I already have. So, let´s get started with my 2012 beauty favourites. Below is a partial overview of the products laid out.


In 2012, I found that cleansers that produce foam is bad for the skin. So since then I switch to a more gentle, creamy and balmy cleanser which does not irritate or dry up my skin like the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. Shown in the picture is my travel size one which is sitting in my travel toiletries bag.



2012 has also been the year that I really got into lip products especially lip balm. I have one in every bag that I carry just so my lips is not cracked. I have three on my bedside table and my most used are The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter, my Smith´s Rosebud Salve, my Korres Lip Butter Stick in Rose and my EOS lip balm in Strawberry Sorbet. They have served my lips well. The Smith´s Rosebud Salve is a petroleum based balm that is also good for nappy rash, dry cuticles and pretty much all areas that needs moisturization.

In terms of body care, I have to give it to The Body Shop Body Butter. It is so thick and so moisturizing but it absorbs quickly into my skin and the moisture lasts so long. The scent lingers on my skin for quite a long time which I love. Obviously, I have finished the whole big tub )I use the container to store my perfume sample) and I am now using other body lotions which is not as good as my Body Shop Body Butter. Sticking to my 2013 resolution, I am not going to buy another one until I finish all my body lotions.



Makeup wise, I have switched to a lighter coverage foundation since my skin is getting better. I love my Bourjois Health Mix foundation and reviews in the internet keep singing praises to this foundation. It brings light to my skin and because of its thin liqiudy texture, it looks seamless and blends beautifully with my own skin. It does not mask the skin but it brings youth and glow to the skin. It suits my combination skin well. Bourjois really makes good foundations and since they own Chanel, that´s probably why you should try them too. Bourjois is the perfect alternative cheaper brand to Chanel if you are looking for a good foundation. Ok, nuff said.

Another Boujois product I have loved for years is their Effet 3D lip gloss specifically in the shade 03, Brun Rose Academic. Seriously, it is gorgeous and you have to go and get it. The colour just brings light to the face. The shine is not too overbearing, the colour is so beautiful on Asian skin tone, it lasts a long time on the lips, it moisturizes my lips and the scent is so amazing. It is like smelling a bouquet of roses. It also feels light almost nothing on the lips. I first tried their lip gloss years and years ago when I was on an exchange student program in United Arab Emirates and was really in love with its texture. Then, I could not find the brand in Malaysia  until the time I am now in The Netherlands. I got most of my Bourjois products when they are 40% or 50 % off in Etos or ICI Paris XL.

As I am a lipstick junkie, I cannot just mention one lip gloss. There has to be another one or two. I have to give it NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Natural. First of all I love the colour. It is kinda peachy or browny nude. I love wearing this when I want a neutral lip color. They colour is really opaque and creamy and what I like is that they do not have any shimmers in the formula. NYX glosses are really amazing and cheap at the same time. I purchased mine in Douglas Webshop. The next lip product is a lipstick which I like to wear in combination with NYX Natural and it is Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish in 07. As the name suggest Kate Moss designed the lipstick line for Rimmel. It is an amazing lipstick and I just love the colour because it flatters my skin tone.

For eyes, I love mascaras and I am planning to dedicate an entry just on mascaras soon but for now let´s just narrow down to two of my favourites. They are Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black and Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara. The former is very good if I want a really black and thick lashes. I love the results it gives to my lashes. The latter is my most favourite of the two because it just separates my lashes with no clumping, of course. It flares and elongates and thickens my lashes just like the name says, Doll Eyes. I first got to trying it when I got a free sample of it and later bought a full size version when ICI Paris XL was having 40% off all mascaras. Besides mascaras, I have also been loving Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze which I bought in the summer. I love the colour and it is just a colour that I just swipe across my eyelid without a mirror or a brush. The colour is just a gorgeous bronzey taupe and I am obsessed with taupe right now. You can purchase the cheapest at Feelunique.com with free delivery. 



In the perfume department, I have three standouts which I grabbed most in 2012. In spring and summer I mostly use my YSL Parisienne EDP. It smells like berries and jams but it´s more complex than that. You have to smell it yourself. Apart from that, I also wear and love Issey Miyake Florale in the spring. It smells so flowery and I really really love it. In autumn and winter, I like a more woody perfume and I love my Chloe EDP. It smells like autumn to me. It smells like a field of roses and autumn leaves. It is love at first sniff.As perfume is really a personal taste, I would suggest smelling them yourself before buying it.



Last but not least is skincare items including face, hand and foot care. For my face, I really love Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair for repairing damages and discolouration on my skin. Besides that, I also love Paula´s Choice Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with 10% Alpha Hydroxy Acid which is good for renewing my skin overnight. I have also noticed that my scars have faded gradually due to its gentle formula. I noticed that I would wake up with a fresh skin the next morning. I used this 2/3 times a week every other day. I am already out of it but I have a new replacement waiting for me to try. In addition, I also love Neutrogena SPF 50 moisturizer which I use during the day, everyday to prevent sun damage from UVA and UVB and aging.  For my hands, I love to use Le Couvent Des Minimes during the day and Yves Rocher Beaute Des Mains at night. I have one from Loccitane for when I am in the office to keep my hands from drying up especially in this cold weather. For my feet, I previously used Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue form The Body Shop at night but I recently ran out of it and I wanted to try a new one from another brand. So far I love the Yves Rocher Beaute Des Pieds. I mainly use foot cream at night because I am wearing shoes during the day. I really recommend every woman to take care of their feet because they are the most neglected parts. All they need is just a little bit of TLC. 

So, that wraps up my beauty favourites of 2012. See you in the next post.



 










1 comment:

  1. Dear Fatimah! I am so impressed by the way you describe your beauty products! I believe you must have a very good pair of eyes!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.