Monday, 14 January 2013

The Truth about Smaak Handbags

First of all, let me start by saying that I am finicky when it comes to handbags. I do not simply buy a bag just because I like it but I buy it because I really love everything about it from the functionality and the most important thing; the design. This is very important for me especially when I am paying a hefty amount of money to buy it. So far, I have only found that high end designer brands made the best handbags in design, quality and durability. Although, I do have to say that in my opinion, not all high-end designer brand handbags are worth spending your money on unless you are very rich. However, that changed when I found Cecile three weeks ago. Cecile is made by a brand called Smaak Amsterdam, a Dutch based company started by Andre Grundmann.
I saw Cecile from afar and she instantly caught my eye. I took her and tried her on and I put her back on the shelves. From that day on, I cannot stop thinking about her. Then, I started my research on the brand and its history. It inspired me on how a brand so new has such a cult following. It reminded me on how Chanel, Christian Dior and Yves Saint Laurent started out at first. They have become so iconic and highly regarded but their prices are not so wallet-friendly now than it was then when they first started. So, to have a new brand like Smaak with designs and quality that equals those of higher end brands is such a steal. If they keep it like this, one day Smaak is going to be big and with that comes a more hefty price tag because of high demands.

When I say high demands, I literally meant it. It was so hard to get Cecile. I literally have to hunt her down. I was lucky to find the LAST PIECE of Cecile in the colour Cafe au Lait. This is a true story. They are sold out everywhere in this colour even in their boutique in Amsterdam and The Hague. I love the colour. It is kinda greyish cool tone taupe. Everybody is so obsessed with this colour!! Luckily there are other neutral and earthy colour like Cognac, a very deep sophisticated brown colour that is just equally beautiful.


 I looked at every designs that they have and they are all beautiful and of great quality. Cecile really caught my eye and it is the most coveted designs among all designs from Smaak. And I am sure you can tell why. I am drawn because the design does not look cheap. It looks smart, classy and elegant but understated. It speaks for itself. I really love design that does not scream "Hey look at me!! I am this and this brand. I am so bling-y". Of course that is my prefrences and everybody is different. Finally, to top it all, all Smaak designs are made form high quality leather. The leather is so soft and the colour selections are just eye catching.
I do not know what else to say other than good things about this brand. I am really satisfied and impressed with the price, the quality and the design. I would say, if you are looking for a perfect handbag, then, look no further. You will find one design that captures your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.