Saturday, 25 May 2013

All About Lip Balms!!



I love everything about lips and lip balms seem to be my Achilles' heel. Could not stop buying them, couldn't resist those cute packaging and that's why I have too many of them. I am currenty using what was shown in the image above.
 
The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter is definetely an "oldie but a goodie." I have been using it all throughout my university year every night before I hit the sack. Its thick consistency 'may leave a white cast on your lips making it perfect for an overnight intensive treatment for the lips. I always woke up with supple cushiony lips. The scent also reminds me of cupcake. Now who doesn't want that on their lips?
 
The Smith's Rosebud Salve is definitely an all rounder type of balm. You can actually use it on cuticles or anywhere you have dry patches. I love how fast it transform dry lips. The formula is petroleum based much like Vaseline and it smells like baby powder. It is also suitable to be used during the day and night. If you are not a fan of potted lipbalm this is also sold in a tube form so you don't have to stick your fingers in it.
 
Another new and slightly strange addition to the bunch is the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm. It is a matte finish lip balm. I don't really know how it works but it does. Because it is made from honey the texture is slightly sticky. Thus, it does not provied any slip factor to the lips. Instead it acts like a barrier to keep the moisture on the lips from evaporating. Good stuff!! And it smells like honey and oranges.
 
Now venturing into the stick version  of lip balms, the Burt's Bees Replenishing lip balm with Pommegranate Oil takes the crown for the best lip balm I have ever used to date. It's such a dream to apply, so hydrating and smells fruity as well. It keeps my lips to stay hydrated for hour. It leaves a very sheer wash of colour on the lips too. The last two which are Maybelline Baby Lips in Energizing Orange and Blistex Classic Lip Protector have been a constant resident in my pencil case since last winter. I bring them to uni everyday and apply them whenever I feel my lips are drying. They are simply a basic lip balm although I do think that the Blistex one hydrates my lips butter. They help with the dry and cold weather really well.
 
So there you have it!! A short review on lip balms I have tried so far.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.