Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Drugstore Faves: Foundations

 
 
 
Do you remember when you started wearing liqiud foundation? Better yet, do you still remember your first foundation? Mine was the Maybelline Clear Smooth Gel Foundation, if I remember correcty. I think I was 18 and I was definitely battling teenage acne at that time. I resorted for foundations to help me look more presentable and better. Over the years, my idea about foundations have changed. Instead of seeing them as something to mask my complexion, I see it now as something that could improve and even my skintone making it look flawless and uniform. I watched a lot of Lisa Eldridge's videos on foundation guides to educate myself to buy the right foundation for my skin type and skin issues. I have definitely made a lot of mistakes in the past but now I am really happy with the foundation lineups that I have so far. And they are all accessible from the drugstore!! So this will be the reviews of all my favourite drugstore foundations:
 
 
Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation is the foundation for those sweaty summer days. It's definitely a medium to high coverage foundation. It lasts until I took it off my face. Although I found it a little cakey when I first applied it in the morning, it wears and blends beautifully with the natural oils from my skin. It does not separate even though I was cycling and sweating everyday.
 
Another Rimmel foundation is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. It has a light to medium coverage on the skin. I normally reached for this when I want a glowy and radiant finish. As the name suggests, it will definitely wakes up dullness and sallowness we may have on our skin from stress and fatigue. It has a little shimmer particles in the liqiud and I find that it has a soft focus effect on the skin where imperfections and flaws is blurred. I love this foundation so so much that I definitely think that it is a must have foundation from the drugstore.
 
 Loreal True Match Foundation has definitely been an old favourite since 4 years ago. It just makes my skin flawless and blended so well with my skin colour. It looks like I don't wear any foundatiion at all but it makes my skin look naturally amazing with its medium coverage finish. I could not say enough good things about this foundation.
 
Next is my all time favourite; the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. It has been dubbed the foundation that is similar to Chanel |Pro Lumiere that has long been discontinued. I have both of them and I have to admit I love the Bourjois one more. They are indeed pretty similar although I do think that Chanel Pro Lumiere gives a more dewy finish. This is my second bottle of this foundation and I did not mind wearing the same exact foundation for the rest of my life. That is how much I really love this foundation. They have the perfect coverage for my skin and it just looks like my own skin. It's undetectable on the skin yet it imparts a flawless finish.
 
A recent addition to my newest find in the foundation department is the Max Factor All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation. This is a new addition to my foundation collection. Ever since it came out in The Netherlands, I have been itching to try it. Thankfully I did not regret purchasing it. With this I don't even need concealer and primer because the formula is built with both. It lasts all day on me and my face still looks fresh at the end of the day. I used to be a Revlon Colorstay girl but this, in my opinion has toppled Revlon colorstay. In my opinion Revlon Colorstay can look too cakey on me and I don't treally like that look on me. This has a demi-matte finish and they medium to high coverage. I always love to pump a very small amount |(this baby is highly pigmented) on my hand and buff it into my skin with a brush.
 
Last but not least is another one from Bourjois (can you tell that I love Bourjois? It's probably because they own Chanel and they have a lot of similar products that compares to Chanel). This is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation. I think this foundation would make a perfect base for someone with dry skin although I also love it on my combination-oily skin. It has a gel consistency and upon contact on the skin, it has a cooling effect. I love to wear it during winter months. Due to its gel consistency, it looks like a second skin when applied making my skin looks naturally flawless.
 
So, there you have it. My favourite foundations from the drugstore. I love high end makeup products but for some reasons I always reach for my drugstore ones even more. Share yours in the comment below. I am interested to know if there is a better foundation out there for me to try!! Please follow because I will be posting more makeup favouites from the drugstore. Hint: liqiud lipsticks. Follow me on Instagram @fatimahearts for more beauty post. See you later!!
 
 
Love,
Fatimah
 


6 comments:

  1. I want to try the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation! We dont have it here in Malaysia. They look so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then maybe we should do a beauty swap!! we have lots of other european drugstore brand here that is not in malaysia.. I will feature them in my blog later..

      Delete
  2. I'm yet to try Rimmel makeup, but I might just now :)

    http://a-hearts.blogspot.com/

    ♥Aley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rimmel foundation is great although I do think their shade selections could be better..

      Delete
  3. I love wake me up and both the healthy mix. perfect for my skin type and the colour matches are great. xo

    http://blossomeclectic.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna..indeed although I think both brands should with more in between, pale and dark colours..just like loreal and revlon did..I am lucky that they have my shade..

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.