Friday, 31 May 2013

Friday's Face: #1


I thought of doing something a little different today. As you can see from the title, I call it Friday Face where I featured some of the newest product that I tried and give you a short review on each of them. This will be a great idea for me to try and shop my beauty stash more.
 
Something new and untouched that I tried today is the Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer. Now this is my first time of trying a tinted moisturizer. This just imparts a light coverage, feel so light and look undetectable on the skin. More coverage can be achieved by layering more product but I went light with only one layer on today. The finish is definitely semi matte. This tinted moisturizer ticks all the boxes for me and have I told you that I have the shade Sand?
 
This summer Bourjois has come up with new lipstick range, Bourjois Shine Edition. Featured here is in no. 24, Rose xoxo. It translates as a soft rosy pink colour on my lips than in my tube. The sheer color is just what I need on day to day basis. What I don't really love about the lipstick is it doesn't have enough slip to glide smoothly on my lips like the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines, the Loreal Rouge Caresse or the Revlon Lip Butters do. It is also not as glossy and as moisturizing as the three.
 
Another one from the same brand is the Bourjois Baked Blush in 39 Rose Mandarine. It has a peach pink colour on the cheeks. It's not as pigmented so it is ideal for someone who's a bit scared to wear a blush like me. I like how youthful and how healthy a blush can transform the way one looks.
 
For my peepers, the newest find is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in 011 Golden. I just ran this along my tear duct area to make my eyes look brighter. Wow!! This eyeliner is soft it just glides effotlessly. No tugging, no scratching. Enuff said. The next would not come as a surprise. It is the Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze. I have featured it in my previous post here.
 
The next in line is brows. Truth be told I still haven't got it down to a T. My brows are naturally sparse in some areas and they grow up and down like they wanted to. I used to love the brow pencil in Lingering from MAC but I just find that it runs out so fast. So I wanted to give this a try. Cheap and the colours are perfect for my brows. This product is called Catrice Eyebrow Set. It costs less than 5 € from Kruidvat. I really love how natural of a finish it gives to my brows. Comes in two cool toned colours for different parts of the brow, a double ended mini eyebrow brush with a spulley at the end and a mini tweezer.
 
So I have opened a new tube of mascara this week and it is the Max Factor False Lash Effect  Mascara. The first thingt that I noticed about this mascara is how well it holds the curl after I curled my lashes. It has a wet formula and a synthetic brush which I don't really prefer in a mascara. I see a slight clumping issue with this mascara, so I have to rescue them by applying a layer of my Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara for an added volume.
 
Last but not least, is highlighter!! It's my favourite part of any makeup. I find that it just add something extra. I love this Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder. This is a constant favourite of ine. Not too frosty or chunky it's just subtle yet the glow is there. It doesn't cost a lot so, it is a definitely a bargain for the amount and the effect you get. From comparing it to other highlighters that I have, I think it is definitely a close dupe to the Chanel Poudre Signee de Chanel.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

So that is it. Share your Friday Face down below and I will see you in the next post.


Love,
Fatma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.