Thursday, 30 May 2013

Liqiud Lips!!


Gone are the days for stiff and waxy lipstick and in comes the hybrid of lipstick, lipgloss and lipstains. The scientist in me just shriek when any new technology in the beauty industry comes around. I still remember purchasing the Max Factor Lipfinity 5 years ago in Dubai and ended up not liking it. It's just so drying and having to reapply the gloss every few hours to keep it moist is just too high maintanence. I have been longing for a more moisturising formula and a 3-in-1 kind of products. And, thankfully my wishes are granted with the arrival of Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain, Rimmel Apocalips, and Loreal Colour Caress Shine Stain.
 
I have the shade 12, Corail Fauve from the YSL Glossy Stain which is a bright coral shade. It is perfect for summer months. The formulation glides on the lips so easily and it stays put for around 6 hours on me. When it fades at the end of the day I have this lovely stain from the lipcolor on my lips. It does not dry up my lips and it is glossy at the same time. The thing about the glossy stain is I can build it up with several layers of application to get a more intense pop of colour.
 
The Loreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain is probably the closest resemblance to its YSL sister. The shade 103, Marilyn just gives my pout a lovely mid tone pink colour. It performs the same way like the YSL's with a fraction of the cost. If I have one gripe about it, it would be the fact that they do not have a wide variety of colours like the YSL does and sometimes the colour does not translate similarly on the lips as the colour from the tube. So I would recommend swatching them first.
 
The next liqiud lipstick lineup is the Rimmel Apocalips in the shade Celestial. I would definitely say that they are more matte than the former two. Remarkably the formula isn't too think that it warrants dry and chapped lips. In fact, the formula is so soft that it applies smoothly without accentuating the fine crevisses on my lips. However, you do need to have a well moisturised and exfoliated lips for this to look good on the lips. The colour and pigmentation is definitely intense and I think it is way better than the Max Factor Lipfinity in every aspects. They came in a variety of shades from nudes to reds, although I do think that they are missing some peachy and coral colour.
 
All of these 3 liqiud lipsticks came with a doe foot applicator which makes for an easier application. However, I do think that the one on Rimmel Apocalips dispensed too much product that I need for my lips. So what I always do is wiped some of the residue off the applicator and apply the remaining on my lips.
 
So there you have it!! A short review on some of my favourites liqiud lipsticks. A lot of brands are coming out with this formulation nowadays, so there might be one that may tickle your fancy. Don't forget to comment down below!! See you in the next post.
 
 
Love,
Fatma

2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for the Rimmel Apocalips to come to the U.S.! YSL and Loreal are made by the same company so it's no wonder that they have similar formulations. Lovely post!


    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they have come into the US!!it's called show off lips or something like that..go grab it quick!!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.