Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Brow Power



I definitely have a lot to talk about brows, specifically mine. I started to get more into eyebrows when I was studying in Dubai. I got my inspiration to groom my brows after observing the Middle-Eastern  ladies with their strong brows. To me, brows frame and give expression to the face. It is amazing how a slight change to the brows can change the way we look altogether. So far, I find full and thick eyebrows are the way to go. They look soft and they make us look young and fresh.
 
Having sparse and faint brows, I have struggled to find ways to make them look fuller and natural. Back in the day, I used to fill the heck out of them thinking I look more beautiful that way. Boy, was I wrong. They look drawn on and harsh. To top it all, wrong colour was used  and I was being heavy handed while filling them. What a makeup mishaps. But hey, sometimes you just have to make mistakes in order to get something right. And today I am writing to tell you not to do what I did.
 
Lucky for me, I have found the right ways and the right poduct to get what I have always wanted, fuller and natural looking brows. In terms of texture, waxy eyebrow pencil (I'd recommend Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown and MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Lingering) and eyebrow powder (Catrice Eyebrow Set )are the best way to make them look like real eyebrow hair. They are a lot of options out there, so always ask the salesperson to guide you choose. Colour wise, go for cool colour with zero red tones like grey or taupe. Always go lighter if you are dark haired and go slightly darker if you are blonde.
 
Right products in hand so now, let's get it on those eyebrows. First, it's important to know that your brows are not made to look the same, they are sisters, not twins. So don't get frustrated when they don't look exactly the same. I simply followed the natural shape of my brows and filling them in light handedly. I would start really light at the beginning of my eyebrow and go gradiently darker as I go towards the end. Next, I'd brush my brows with a spulley to diffuse the colour. Finally, I would set it with my HEMA clear eyebrow gel to set the hair in place.

That is mainly what I did to my eyebrows. No matter how minimal I do my makeup, I will always fill them in to complete my whole look.




See you in the next post.



Love,
Fatma
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.