Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Cray cray for Lip Crayons!!


 
Meet my most favourite form of lipstick; lip crayons!!! Ever since Clinique Chubby Sticks were launched years ago, more and more brands from drugstore to high end are coming up with their own version. Recently, Dior has also came up with lip crayons in their Summer 2013 Collection.
 
And what's even nicer Etos (Dutch Drugstore Chain) is also catching up with the lip crayon trend as well. Alas, my wishes are granted. How amazing!! Naturally, being my makeup-loving self, I picked one Etos Colour Balm in 003. At € 3.99, they are relatively cheap with price point similar to Catrice and Essence. They are 5 shades available and they are limited editions. So be quick and pick one or more soon!! I can tell they are going to be flying off the shelf. After testing it out, I am really impressd with the product. It's sheer but buildable and it glides smoothly into the lips.
 
The master of all lip crayons, the Clinique Chubby Stick have always caught my eye whenever I see their ads in a magazine. This year they have come up with Clinique Chubby Stick Intense that packs more punch with richer pigmentation. They are such classics in the lip crayon world. On me, both versions last quite a long time. Perhaps, the intense version are more creamier, much like a lipstick.
 



 
My recent addition were the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 001 Honey and the  Bourjois Color Boost in 02 Fuchsia Libre. I love how the shade looks on me. It's a natural pinky nude that I am just crazy about. Not the most moisturizing, but the fact that it leaves a beautiful tint or stain on my lips makes up for it. I have not given the Bourjois one a whirl but I have a feeling that it's going to be good.
 
Last but not least is the Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss in Glinda. This lipcolour came with the Urban Decay Glinda Palette that they launched for Oz The Great and Powerful film earlier this year. It reminds me a lot of the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense with its high pigmentation and glossy finish.

All of the aforementioned lip crayons except the Urban Decay ones did not require a sharpener to sharpen them because they are basically twist up like a lipstick would. So, beside being a lip crayons/ lip pencil they are after all a lipstick. You will expect no waste form them which is a good thing.
 
 
So, there you have it. A rundown through my lip crayon collection and my thoughts about them. Are you persuaded enough to get your own after reading this post?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.