Friday, 7 June 2013

Friday's Face #2

 
Spring was almost non-existent and all of a sudden summer is here!! The Netherlands is at its sunniest and warmest. So I have kinda updating my makeup routine to match the season. That means more lighter coverage makeup with fun colours on the cheeks and on the lips. 
 
I first prepped my skin with Benefit's Porefessional to make my makeup adhere to my face just a little bit longer. I found that this primer is great for blurring out pores however it wasn't great for oil control. I really need to buy an oil blotting paper the next time I go shopping.
 
Then, I apply Lioele Beyond The Solution BB cream all over my face for a light coverage. I found my face looks a bit ashy at first although it blends with my skintone soon after. My forehead looks like an oil slick after 8 hours of wear. So, I think you may want to set it with powder if you have oily combination skin.
 
 
For eyes, Catrice Eyeshadow in Oh It's Toffeeful seems to do the job for a subtle wash of pewter colour on the lids. It just adds a beautiful sheen without being overly frosty. I then filled in my brows with Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown. Refer to my previous post to know how I do my brows. Finally, just one swipe of Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black was enough to subtly acentuate my lashes. Nothing too crazy or dramatic.
 
For cheeks I grabbed my new NYX Cream Blush in Natural. I feel like cream products are perfect to use in warmer months just because they don't have the cakey-ness factor that powder blush seems to have. And this is just a perfect wash of pale pink. You can build it up for a more barbie doll look. It looks seamless on the skin and it wears around 4 hours before the colour wears off.
 
For the lips I grabbed my Korres Lip Butter in Pommegranate. Oh, this is so amazing!! I finally found the perfect coral colour for my skintone. I always found coral looks strange on me but this is the one for me. It's so moisturizing and feels comfortable on the lips. I love it!!!
 
Here's the entire look I created:
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.