Friday, 21 June 2013

Friday's Face #3

 
 
 
Today's Friday's Face features some newly discovered products and also an old time favourites. For base, 053 Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is gracing my complexon today. Light as air and dewy, it's like a second skin in a bottle. In the concealing front, Catrice Camouflage Cream in 030 made its first debut in my not-so-adventerous choice of concealaers. The solid consistency of this concealer makes it adhere to imperfections even better.
 
Eyes-wise, Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach to correct my inherited dark circles. It just makes me look awake. Dark circles gone, it's now time for highlghting and YSL Touche Eclat in no.3 provides a subtle glow on the high point of my cheeks, forehead, bridge of my nose and chin. Then, I went on and set the base with Catrice Translucent Loose Powder. For an eyeshadow base, HEMA Eyeshadow Base did a great job in priming the eyelids for eyeshadow application. I have also noticed that my eyshadows did not crease at all which could be attributed to the eyeshadow base or the eyeshadow formulation itself.
 
I chose my clinique quad in 112 Pink Chocolate and applied the shimmery pink shade all over the lid and the last matte brown shade on the crease and slighly in the outer corner for some definition. I was so amazed at how the colour still looks as if it was just freshly applied; no smudging and no creasing despite sweating the whole day in the lab and despite having oily eyelids. This palette is perfect for a natural everyday look. I highly recommend it. Catrice Eyebrow Stylist in 020 Date with Ashton may be my new favourite for eyebrows!! Just the perfect ashy shade with zero red undertone and the right texture. Perfect, perfect. I highly recommend it. It's cheap and easily accessible. You can purchase Catrice from Kruidvat in The Netherlands. For mascara, I am trying the new Le Volume de Chanel sample for the second time. I am not exactly impressed by the mascara because I think cheaper drugstore mascaras do a much better job.
 
I added some pink hue to the cheeks with Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in 14 Soft Pink. It gives a flushed effect as if you are blushing from within. It's the flush that you get after a warm bath or after a run around the neighbourhood. So beautiful. The texture is just slippy enough for blending and sticky enough for it to stay put. For lips, Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart is makin an appearance this summer. It's just the perfect not-so-bright pink for the season. The formulation of the lipstick is so moisturizing and I love the sheer but buildable formulation as well. You can purchase Revlon products from wehkamp.nl if you are in The Netherlands.
 
 
So, I think that wraps up this week's Friday's Face. Hope you have a lovely weekend wherever you are!!
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. i love seeing what other people use :) and i totally agree with the revlon lipbutters, they're so so so pretty! i've seen the catrice concealer come by on so many blogs now, i think i'll have to swatch it in the kruidvat tomorrow haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too..sometimes i feel like asking!!i love the lipbutters ..wish to get more fun bright colours!!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.