Friday, 28 June 2013

Friday's Face #4



Yeay it's Friday!! Actually, it's such a weird Friday today. There seemed to be less people at the office today. It's been raining almost the entire day and I really love the rain. Anyway, for Friday's Face today I decided to go with a pop of colour on the eye, a natural yet high coverage base and rosy cheeks.
 
Because I have been breaking out around my chin area, I chose Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h as my foundation. I applied it with my fingers and then buffed it in with Elf Flat Top Kabuki Brush. It covers really well without looking too cakey. You can actually get away with using only this foundation without any concealer if you don't need it. Then I go on with concealing my breakouts with Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer. This stuff is amazing, high pigmentation and a tiny bit goes a long way. Dark circles are vanished with Garnier Dark Circles Eye Roller, for a cooling wake-me-up effect. For cheeks, Bourjois Cream Blush in 03 Rose Tender is such a dream to work with. It has a cream to powder formulation and I love this colour on me. I love cute round packaging too!! I also tried bronzing y face a little bit today with Bourjois Bronzing Primer. I'm still getting the hang of it. As a finishing touch to prevent my makeup last just a little bit longer on my combo-oily skin, a dust of Catrice Prime and Fine Translucent Loose Powder  around the t-zone is obligatory.

 
For eyes, I made sure to prime them with Hema Eyeshadow Base. I gave it another whirl after trying it in my previous Friday's Face #3 and I am really impressed with its performance!! With this in my possession, I don't need other higher end eyeshadow bases anymore. On top of the base, I used Body Shop Mono Eyeshadow in 07 today. The duochrome shade makes it a perfect as an all over eyelid, crease and outer corner colour. The eyeshadow still lasts until now. For a pop of colour on the waterline, I rummaged through my eyeliner collection and found Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in Jade Shore, a gorgeous vibrant aquamarine green shade. The pencil has a luxurious buttery texture that glides on the eyes. I have to say that it stings my eyes so bad that tears kept running down my face!! I had to be careful not apply it too close to my waterlines. Despite all its gorgeousness, I think it's best for me to use it as a lid colour to avoid it from getting into my eyes.  I went with the usual eyebrow routine using the same product as my last Friday's Face. Then with a swipe of Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara which I featured here, eyes are finally done.
 
Finally, for lips, Clinique Chubby Stick in Bountiful Blush, which is one of my favourite lip crayons reviewed here, is perfect for a natural rosy blush coloured lips to complement the intensity I had on the eyes. It lasts around 5 hours on me and it does not dry up my lips. So, there you are!! Another Friday's Face, to keep you out from a makeup rut. How do you like this look? If you have any inspiration or ideas for the next Friday's Face, feel free to tell me in the comments below!!





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah..i love the chubby sticks!! love your new post too..also thinking of doing a bb cream review..i like the garnier one..

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.