Friday, 26 July 2013

A Dupe for Poudre Signee de Chanel?

A few months back, Chanel came up with a Spring Collection called Printemps Precieux de Chanel. Within the collection is the most stunning highligther ever made. I swear I kept swatching it every time I was at the store but kept delaying to buy it. Until one day, it was sold out everywhere and that's when I knew  I "need" it. I use the term "need" loosely here. Then, I was lucky to find that there was one left in one of the store that I went to. It was discounted and I took the offer.  However, in between the process, I was also swatching another highlighter from the drugstore; Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder.


When I first swatched Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder, it reminded me so much of its Chanel counterpart. I was going back and forth between the drugstore and the departmental store to compare the swatches side by side.

To my surprise, they are so similar, however not identical. The Chanel definitely leans more pink while the Catrice leans more yellow but it still has some pinkiness to it too.

 

However, in some light, they do look so identical, the finishes on the skin looks so similar as well. Of course, in terms of the texture of the powder itself, Chanel reigns superior with its buttery soft texture that melts on your skin effortlessly. Not to mention, the design on the powder was what drew me towards it.

 The Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder may not be as soft in texture but it is definitely a well made highlighting powder that does the job incredibly well. It's not powdery, the shimmer is soft, not grainy at all. It just add a subtle hint of highlight on the high points of the face that can also be built up without looking cakey.


 In terms of application, the Chanel Poudre Signee de Chanel requires a more dense brush or a sponge applicator that it comes with to get the highlighter more visible and to pack on the highlighter. It is ultra subtle (due to the texture of the powder) that using a loose powder brush will not impress you with the results. The Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder however, works well with my Real Techniques Contour Brush.


I would say that they are not an exact dupe but if you are looking for a budget-friendly highlighter, definitely try Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder at only euro 4.95 from Kruidvat. And, it is part of the Catrice permanent line. So you can still get them anytime.

Do you own Poudre Signee de Chanel? Do you have other dupes for Poudre Signee de Chanel?

2 comments:

  1. OMG this is such a good dupe! So sad we don't have Catrice here. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah..bummer..they are also not availble online..a'nd i don't think drugstore makeup products have a lot of highlighters..

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.