Wednesday, 3 July 2013

BB Fever: Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination/Oily Skin

Me wearing Garnier BB cream in Medium. On lips: Maybelline Color Sensational Cream Gloss in 360 Stellar Berry. On eyes: Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara and Ctrice Eyebrow Styler

Recently, beauty counters are swarming with BB creams and lately CC cream. What will be next? A DD cream? PP cream? Every Asian and Western beauty brands or let's just say all brands have their own bb creams. Some, more than others. BB is an abbreviation for beauty balm. It originated form Asia and it is a multipurpose product. Basically, it's a moisturizer, a sunscreen, a concealer, a foundation ,a primer, an anti-aging product, a skintone corrector among others. I have tried several bb creams in the past but I could not forget my first. I did not remember the brand from the top of my head but I remember how thick the consistency is and how shiny and grey it makes my skin look.

 
 
Today, I am going to be reviewing one BB cream that does not do all of the above. It's the Garnier BB cream. What I like about this bb cream is it targets people who has different skin types into account. They have it formulated for normal, combo-oily and aging skin. It has something for everyone. Recently, they have also come up with a sensitive skin version. They also come two shades; light and medium, however paler or darker skinned girls may not be included in the shade range. I purchased the one for for combo-oily skin in the shade medium.
 
Claims:
1 PRODUCT, 5 SOLUTIONS.
  • Anti-shine
  • Blurs pores and imperfections
  • Evens tone and boosts glow
  • Moisturises
  • SPF 20 UV protection
Oil-free texture. Dermatologically tested. Non comedogenic.
 
PRODUCT EFFECTIVENESS

Immediately*:

  • B.B. cream gives a radiant matte finish for 86% of women
  • Pores appear less visible for 84% of women
  • Imperfections (redness, spots, acne marks) appear minimised for 76% of women

After 4 weeks**:

  • Skin looks less oily
  • The appearance of pores is minimised
  • Imperfections appear visibly reduced
  • Skin radiance is improved
*Self assessment, 62 subjects, evaluation whilst wearing the product.
**Clinical study, 42 subjects, evaluation after 4 weeks.
 
.
 
How it works:
 
Our oil-free formula, with ultra-absorbent perlite, is specially designed for combination to oily skin and helps to control shine all day long. It effectively minimises the appearance of pores and imperfections for a visible improvement in skin texture.



Enriched with mineral pigments, it immediately perfects the skin, covering imperfections, whilst the SPF 20 filter helps protect the skin from the harmful effects of the sun.


From my experience, this product stands true to its claim without being gimmick-y or claiming that it could do more that what t is capable of. It marvels me as how it can make my skin glow yet matte. When I touched my skin, it is so smooth yet  there's no oily feeling at all. I literally ran my fngers through my forehead and my nose, and my fingers does not slip when rubbed aginst each other. This never happen when I used other foundations. I always have to blot around midday otherwise I will look like a greasy wok.
 
The texture of this BB cream is watery and when applied to the skin it dries down to a matte finish. This characteristic is seen in products that have quite a substantial amount of alcohol in it like Revlon Colorstay. That is how it is able to dry down because the alcohol will eventually evaporates. It is a concern that it has alcohol as part of the ingredient but it's nothing alarming if you have combo-oily skin. In fact alcohol in skincare may aid in penetrability of the product into the skin. Dry skinned girls may experience dryness, so, try using the original version of this bb cream. I love applying with my fingers as I think it blends better. It has a semi matte finish and light to medium coverage. I only use concealer where I needed it. Sometimes, I only use this and that's all I need. It lasts throughout the day too without the need to powder or touching up. 
 
Besides having a built-in SPF 20, I still use my usual Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunblock in SPF 50 PA+++ underneath to add more protection because this BB cream does not exactly have a broad spectrum sunscreen. I am also still using my Hydraluron as a serum and my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for added moisturization. Still, with the amount of moisture injected, my skin does not even feel a tiny bit oily. My skin is currently breaking out and I have some redness from the acne. This BB cream is able to minimize the redness and my pores also look less visible. Since using this BB cream, I have not experienced any form of sensitivity.
 
I would recommend this product  for someone in the market for a BB cream yet finds BB cream to be quite oily and does not last throughout the day. It is also sold at most drugstores internationally and relatively cheap too. For what it does to my skin , I don't think you could go wrong with a Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream For Combo/Oily Skin. For those in The Netherlands, try and get yours from Etos as they are having a Buy 1 Free 1 promotion on all Garnier products. You can mix and match so you can have two different products for one price. The price will be added and divided by two. If you are interested look for one which says Gemengde/Vette Huid as it means combination/oily skin.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.