Thursday, 1 August 2013

Falling in Love with Loreal Rouge Caresse Lipsticks

 
I have to let you know that these lipsticks have been my favourite from the drugstore since they first launched  last year. I bought 4 shades; Tempting Lilac, Dating Coral, Aphrodite Scarlett and Hypnotic Red. I gifted the shade Tempting Lilac to a friend because I think it suits her better and was left with other three that I really love and enjoy using.

I wear the shade Dating Coral and Aphrodite Scarlett the most in the warmer months while I gravitate towards Hypnotic red in the colder months. I wore the shade a lot last winter. Swatched below starting from the left are Dating Coral, Aphrodite Scarlett and Hypnotic Red.

L-R: Dating Coral, Aphrodite Scarlett. Hypnotic Red

These lipsticks are made to be a sheer but build-able lipsticks. The more you layer it, the more pigmentation you are going to get. However, unlike the Revlon Lip Butters, their Loreal sisters are more consistent in pigmentations in all of the shades. The texture of these lipsticks are quite hard but melts upon contact with the lips. Due to its hard texture, I can barely make a dent in it, which means they will last you quite long. It has a lot of slip to it, so no dragging is required to apply it to the lips. It has a fruity scent that reminds me of the YSL Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy lipsticks.


They impart a beautiful, juicy and glossy finish on the lips and are very moisturizing as well. I do not need a gloss to top it because they look perfect just alone. They wear around 5 hours on me and it leaves a lovely stain behind on the lips. The same is true with the swatches on my hand. To me, these lipsticks are so unique and by far the best from the drugstore. In my opinion, they are better than the Revlon lip butters. I really wish they come up with more colours so I can find a cheaper substitute for my Chanel and Dior lipsticks. 

I highly suggest you to pick one yourself because it's just the best lipsticks out there from the drugstore. They have a wide variety of shades as well from nudes, pinks, reds and berries. 

Do you own a Loreal Rouge Caresse lipstick?

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.