Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Food by Fatma #1: Chocolate Raspberry Cake


 
If you have been following me on Instagram @fatimahearts you might have seen a bajilion pictures of this cake. Also, if you have been a follower of my blog, you may know that this blog was primarily a lifestyle and food-related blog. Alongside beauty, I am also passionate about cooking and baking. I love seeking new recipes to try and expand my cooking techniques and skills. I think there are so many things you can do with food.
 
So, for my husband's 30th birthday, I decided to bake him a cake for tea with friends at our house. I have always loved the idea of a chocolate cake. It's like a basic cake and you can pretty much combine them with other flavours like fresh fruit and preserves to make them taste even better. I was thinking to make a chocolate raspberry cake. As always, I relied on epicurious for its delicious dessert recipes and this one in particular has it all. The recipe is so easy to make, you don't even need a hand mixer or electrical tools. You basically need a whisk, measuring cups, a weighing scale (of course) and spoons and spatula as tools.
 
The end result:
 
 
 
The cake is really moist (as a result of using oil instead of butter as the fat) and chocolate-y. Not too sweet, which I love in a chocolate cake because it lets the cocoa flavour really show through. I suspect some people with sweet tooth may find it less sweet, so I'd suggest to add more sugar into yours. Besides that, I love the ganache too. Strong chocolate flavour from the 55% dark chocolate. If I have one thing to say, it'd be that the flavour of the raspberry jam does not show through quite well due to the strong flavour of the chocolate. Maybe, I coud try a different brand of raspberry jam the next time I decide to make this again. Overall it's a great dessert and a definite crowd pleaser.
 
 
Do you like baking too? What did you bake lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.