Friday, 5 July 2013

Friday's face #5

On today's Friday's Face I am thinking of going with more drama on the eyes, coral cheeks and nude lips.

 
 
Face and Cheeks:
 
Bourjois Healthy Mix
Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer
Catrice Prime and Fine Loose Translucent Powder
Benefit Coralista
 
 
Eyes:
 
Catrice Brow Stylist in Date with Ashton
MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach
Estee Lauder Eye and Cheek Palette
Lóreal Super Liner
Rimmel Exaggerate Purple Eyeliner in Perfect Plum
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
Clinique Bottom lash Mascara
 
 
Lips:
 
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 07

 
 
Reunited again my best foundation friend; Bourjois Healthy Mix in 53 is like yesterday once more. Medium in coverage, semi matte in finish it's al I want in a foundation. I have revoewed it in detail here. Spotty face is covered by Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer. I let it to dry a little bit and then blend them with a brush to let it blend seamlessly against my foundation. A dust of Catrice Prime and Fine Loose Translucent Powder sets my under eye and blemish concealer. To match my orange chino today, I graced my cheeks with Benefit Coralista, a peach coral blush with a hint of shimmer. As with all Benefit blushes, this one smells so good and the colour is so pleasing on the eyes. It is the quintessential summer blush to me.
 
I first correct my dark circles like I did here. Then, I prime my eyelid with MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, a perfect shade if you have Asian skintone. It simply takes away the unevenenss or redness you may have on your eyelid and prep the eyes for eyeshadow application. It acts as a blank canvas, so whatever colour you apply will show up better on the eyes. It will act as a primer and it will make your powder eyeshadow stays longer.
 
For eyeshadows, I chose the matte yellow colour from the Estee Lauder Signature Eye and Cheek Palette for my all over lid colour. It's been my go to shade for an all over lid colour and browbone highlight for so long. Then, I went for the bronzy shade for my transition and crease colour. For the outer corner, I took my pencil brush and dip it in the darkest brown colour. I made a V shape on the outer corner and fil the colour inside the line. Then I took the lighter brown colour and blend the harsh lines and the crease together with a wiper motion. Now it looks more blended and unified that you can't really see the colour separation.
 
And can I just say it's been a while since I wore an eyeliner? My uni friends must know that eyeliner and me are inseparable. I especially love lining my top lashes and half of my bottom lashes. I don't really know what happened between eyeliner and no eyeliner but I think I was embracing my natural eye shape. Anyway, today I want to rekindle my love for eyeliners by going for a winged liner look with Loreal Super Liner. This liner is so easy to work with because of its' fine and sharp point. The colour is jet black, so I don't have to go several times over and over again. I then lined my bottom half with a purple eyeliner from Rimmel in Perfect Plum. I chose purple because it's just softer than using black and purple enhances brown eyes. I really like this eyeliner because it also comes with a blending sponge at the other end of the pencil. It makes it handy to blend the colour so it looks natural and less of a line. I finished the look with Maybelline The Falsies Mascara on the upper lashes and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara on my bottom lashes. The tiny wand of this mascara is so small that I can reach every hair of my bottom lash. It does not smudge either which is a good character for a bottom lash mascara.

I completed the look with a swipe of matte peachy nude lipstick from Rimmel which I featured in my 2012 beauty favourites. That is all for my Friday's face and I hope it inspires you to use the products that you already have but have not been shown that much love. 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.