Thursday, 4 July 2013

June Favourites

June has been a good month for me. I got so many things done on schedule and let's hope July will be too. Can't wait for Ramadhan to come next week!! For this month's favourite I have a variety of products from body, skincare and makeup. I will also include my favourite song and snack of the month.
 
Body Products:
 

 
My first favourite is the Opal London Sisal Brush that is a body brush made from vegetable fibres. I have started dry body brushing before hopping into the shower and my skin has never been so smooth!! It feels like baby's skin. It's nothing that you will get from just moistirizing your body. Body brushing is supposed to help your skin to shed the dead skin cell, boost immunity, flush out toxins, improve skin tone and cellulite and also increase blood flow to the skin. I will report back in a few months to let you know if it does all of that. After dry brushing every morning, I'd use Philosophy Candy Cane Salt Body Scrub to get rid of the dead skin cells left from the body brushing. Although it' is a salt scrub, it does not feel abrasive at all. It also has an emolient element in it that provides moisture while exfoliating.  It leaves my skin fresh and silky smooth afterward. Then I nourished my skin with Nivea In-Shower Body Milk which I have reviewed here.
 
Fragrance:


 
A fragrance I have been loving lately is The Body shop White Gardenia Body Mist. Oh I just love how subtle and calming this body spray smell. I spray it all over my body after moisturizing because I feel that it helps the fragrance stays a little longer. You have to go and have a sniff of this body mist!!
 
Skincare:
 

 
I have been getting back to basic as far as skincare goes this month. Because my skin has been breaking out lately, I went back to my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for its reputation to be gentle, non-comedogenic and non-allergenic to the skin.It is simply one of the best basic moisturizer out there if you are looking for a good hydration. For my acne I'd spot treated them with Laroche Posay Effaclar Duo Corrective and Unclogging Anti-Imperfection Care. One word: amazing and it works like a dream. Expect it to make an appearance on my Skincare Sunday series.  I have also been suffering from dryness on my eyelids which is very strange. So, to treat it, I use the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Cream. It is a multi-purpose product that you can use topically anywhere. My dry eyelid has also been cured. Finally is the Garnier BB cream and you can go to this post to hear me raving about this particular product.
 
Makeup:
 
 
 
As usual I am a lipstick and lately, a blush junkie. The new discovery for me this month is the Maybelline Color Sensational Cream Gloss in Stellar Berry. First of all, I think berry colours just suit me well. The formulation of this lipgloss in my opinion is superior than Revlon glosses. They are not sticky yet moisturizing and the colour lasts quite long on me. It also leave a berry stain on me once it wears off. Going on with the berry theme I also love Clinique Chubby Stick in Bountiful Blush and Bourjois Cream Blush in 03 which I featured here. I have also been using Catrice Eyebrow Stylist a lot this month. It has been featured in a lot of Friday's Face series and I think it will be until I find a better one. Another cream blush I have also been loving this month is Max factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in soft Pink. Beside being a blush it also makes such a good lip color. Stays quite well on the skin too!!
 
Song:
 
It's no other than Mirror by Justin Timberlake. Çan I just say that this is the best song ever made?!! The beat and especially the lyrics are so well composed. I love every word of it. It's such a meaningful songs on how our partner is a reflection and part of ourselves. The fact that this song is dedicated to his grandparents who's been married for 63 years just makes me think of how sacred a marriage is. It is the ultimate real life lovesong to me. No jiwang element, just real words that actually happens in real life.
 
Snack:
 
I have been snacking on Katjang Pedis or Kacang Pedas lately. Surprisingly, they taste better here than they do in Malaysia. I have been eating them compulsively this month. Every supermarket in The Netherlands have it and I have tried them all. And all of them are good although they do not taste similar to each other which is nice for someone who likes variety.
 
 
So that's it for my June faves. What things have you been loving lately?
 


2 comments:

  1. As salam..I ada tgk ur cmnt kt blog sabrina tajudin..tul ke ori furla cndy bag kt sane rm500? If including shipping to malaysia bper ye?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup..yg paling simple design dia around rm 500..kalau shipping ke malaysia yg insured punye rm 100 shj..lagi murah berbanding beli kat malaysia..kalu nk sy blh tolong belikan..

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.