Sunday, 7 July 2013

Skincare Sunday #6: La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

 
An acne-zapping monster. That is what I am going to describe this product in short. The French really knows how to do skincare. If you have acne prone skin, look no further than this. A little back story; I actually bought this for my husband and recently stole it from him as my face has been having a hormonal breakout. It's been so long since I experienced one. I feel like a teenager again. Perhaps my female hormones are just starting to balance out after having given birth to Najla. Anyway, let us know more about this product.
 
What it is?
EFFACLAR DUO is a complete skincare product that combines 4 active ingredients to act on the two main symptoms of skin with imperfections: Severe localised imperfections: Niacinamide and Piroctone Olamine to fight against bacterial proliferation and eliminate imperfections. Pores clogged with sebum: the combination of LHA and Linoleic Acid unclogs pores while eliminating the accumulated dead cells responsible for blockage. These active ingredients are combined with soothing, anti-irritant La Roche-Posay thermal spring water to reduce redness.
Paraben-free formula.
 
Promises
Effective on imperfections: Eliminates imperfections for 88% of users Unclogs pores for 89% of users Fast action for 89% of users Perfectly tolerated texture: Suitable for sensitive skin 89% - Does not dry the skin 85% 4-week usage test on 123 subjects using anti-imperfection treatments purchased in pharmacies.
 
Does it deliver?
Yes and let me tell you a little story. Last week I had two giant pimples just starting to surface on the bridge of my nose (strategic, eh?) and on my chin. It was painful and red and bumpy. I quickly grabbed this and apply it straight onto the pimples. Literally when I woke up the next day they shrunk!! I kept on applying it day and night as a spot treatment and today they have disappear into oblivion. They have all dried up. I have never tried an acne treatment this potent. If I had known long ago, I would be a happy girl. And now, I am letting you guys know about this.
 
Verdict:
It is a 5 star product in my opinion. I have tried a lot of acne treatment in the past and nothing works as fast as this. It is a salicylic acid based treatment that also helps unclog your pores. It can also be used as an all over  face moisturizer or a spot treatment which makes it a versatile product. It does not dry up your skin like any other acne treatment. It is also gentle so it is suitable for sensitive skin.
 
If you are in The Netherlands, you can purchase La Roche Posay products from any Apotheek across the country or online.  It will cost around €15. So what are you waiting for?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.