Tuesday, 9 July 2013

The YSL Rouge Volupte Family


 
The royal family of lipsticks; it''s none other than the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Voluptes. The first born of the bunch is the origunal Rouge Volupte, the second born being the Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy and the third is the Rouge Volupte Shine being the hybrid or a middle ground of  its two sisters.
 
 
 
When the Rouge Volupte (top left) first launched, they are famous for their luxurious creamy and buttery texture and their big selection of colours. All the colours are to die for. The RV melts instantly on the lips with a full opacity of colours. I barely drag my lips when applying them. The finish is satiny and due to its buttery texture, it does not last quite as long as other lipsticks do. I was wearing the nude peachy shade in 30 Peche Faubourg.
 
 
Next comes the Rouge Volupte Shines (top right) that just launched this year. It is a the sherer sister of the original RV  but the colour packs a punch. Excellent pigmentation with glossy finish and moisturizing properties. I do not feel the need for a gloss to top it off. Two swipes and the colour will show through. It lasts quite a few hours on me. I was wearing a thin layer of the shade 13 Pink in Paris in the picture. I love the shade name.
 
 
Last but never the least is the Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy (bottom left). Housed in a silver packaging it is the most sheer of the three. I would describe it as a luxurious lip balm. The texture just melt on my lips and is very moisturizing on the lips. The colour can be built up after several applications. The texture is so buttery, I would not mind reapplying after it wears off.  It reminds me of the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines lipstick with slightly less pigmentation. I was wearing the shade 7 Sweet Fig, a nice deep red shade for fall and winter.
 
 
 
 
In my opinion this lipstick is worth having. You really need to try it yourself because the pictures and my description did not do it justice. If you are someone who likes opaque lipsticks, go for the original Rouge Voluptes. If you like glossier finish lipstick, RVS and RVSC will capture your heart. And the packaging? Who would say no to that?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.