Thursday, 15 August 2013

Skincare Sunday #9: Sun Block Reviews


We all know that protection against the sun is very important. Regardless if it is sunny or overcast sun block should be applied everyday because the UVA and UVB rays can still penetrate our atmosphere and cause dryness, skin aging and pigmentation on the skin.

Here, I have 3 sun protection creams that I have used and tried over the years. The Neuutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock is really good if you want a weightless and non-oily and non-sticky feel on the face. It dries down to a matte finish which makes it a good base for makeup.

Next is the Biotherm Sun Vivo SPF 50 PA +++, which is your bog-standard sunblock. It has the sunscreen smell and it leaves quite a bit of white cast on the skin after application. It's slightly sticky and oilier which makes it my least favourite. 

Last but not least is the Riemann P20 SPF 30 Once A Day Sun Protection. When I first saw this I thought it is something different worth trying. It is a spray sun block that dries in seconds. It is a type of chemical sunscreen. Although it dries quickly, it does feel slightly oily. However the oiliness will go away as the product is absorbed into the skin.  It can be used on the body as well and you don't have to reapply because it is also water resistant. 

Do you have a favourite sunscreen? 



2 comments:

  1. My favourite sunscreen for my face is the TouchinSOL Be Nice to my Skin Sun Cream in SPF30 PA++.

    For my body is the NIVEA Intensive Moisture Serum in SPF25 PA++ and the VASELINE healthy white SPF24PA++

    If i'm going to the beach or during an outing i would be using a higer SPF and waterproof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow..i need to start wearing sunscreen on my body too!! just read that clothing alone does not protect you from UV

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.