Friday, 2 August 2013

Chanel Le Volume De Chanel and Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascaras

Mascaras are my makeup best firend. And today, it's going to be a battle between the newest Chanel Le Volume de Chanel and the classic Chanel Inimitable Intense. Both mascaras have synthetic bristle wands with the former having a snowflake pattern wand aimed at creating more volume. The formulation of these mascaras are also similar. The have a wet formulation which is something to note about if your lashes do not cooperate well with that kind of mascara formula. So, without further ado, let's get started!!

 
 
Chanel Le Volume de Chanel
 

I hated this mascara the first time I used it because of its wet formulation. My lashes usually clumps together when encountering mascaras with wet formulation. The fat brush is also unforgiving because it dispenses and applies too much product on the lashes. So I decided to put it away and let the formula dries a little and put it to the test again today. And I have to say I like it but I don't love it. 

It gives my lashes volume in an instant. Layering is not a necessity if you want natural looking lashes. Two layers are enough to get a dramatic looking voluminous lashes. A wiggling motion while applying this is key to avoid clumps. 

The result: Black, full and voluminous lashes that holds the curl very well despite not being a waterproof formulation.It doesn't flake or smudges on me and it is also easy to remove with an eye makeup remover. 
 
Weaknesses: I am not sure what iingredient is in Chanel eye makeup that tends to make eyes sting. I also had the same reaction with their Stylo Yeux Eyeshadow Pencil.  I have never heard anybody experiences the same thing though.
  
Will I be purchasing the full size: Probably not.
  

Chanel Inimitable Intense


I was always intrigued whenever  I saw this macara ads in a magazine. It just looked so mesmerizing and mysterious to me. When I first got a sample of it, I was happy at how much I really love it. The formulation is not as wet as the former. The brush just gets the right amount of product onto the lashes and can be built up without looking clumpy at all. Lashes are weill separated and volume is injected while still looking like your own natural lashes.

The result: It's a foolproof mascara that delivers the perfect combo of length and volume.It does not smudge, flake or sting my eyes.

Weakness: It does not hold curl as well as the former.

Will I be purchasing the full size: Maybe

So that was the baatle of the two mascaras done!! The clear winner for me is definitely Chanel Inimitable Intense. What's yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.