Monday, 26 August 2013

Gosh Mineral Eyeshadow Sticks: Reviews and Swatches

 
 
 
Top: 009 Rose, Middle: 002 Golden Brown, Bottom: 003 Brown



Don’t you just love anything that comes in a stick. In fact I want everything to come in a stick. Lipsticks, blushes, highlighters, powders, foundations etc. That will make my life easy for storage and travelling. Don’t you think the same too?

You may have seen my post on all the lip crayons that I have here but today we are talking eyeshadow crayons. These ones from Gosh were the first that caught my eyes. They are the Gosh Mineral Waterproof Eyeshadows. I have them in three shades which are:

-       009 Rose: A baby pink colour

-       002 Golden Brown: A golden-ish grey colour

-       003 Brown: A taupe colour

 

I have had them for a while and tested them in all sorts of different looks. These are my thoughts on them:

 

Texture

It has a soft texture however not to the point where it has a lot of slip. It sets very fast on the skin and it does not drag the eyes. I would recommend applying it straight from the bullet in one motion. Applying it back and forth will lose some of the pigmentation that is already applied.

 

Pigmentation:

To me what you see translates to what you get. The colours I chose were quite muted, so the pigmentation warrants it. It is opaque and it does not apply patchy. Building up the colour layer by layer will give a natural and beautiful application.

 

Finish:

The finish is rather matte with a hardly noticeable sheen. It is not a flat matte though. This may not be something for someone who wants a metallic finish.

 

Lasting Power:

I noticed that it lasts on my lid throughout the day without creasing if I wear an eyeshadow primer. Without one, it will crease and will not last as along.

 

Colour Selections:

They came in a variety of colours from neutrals to brights.

 

Availability:

In the Netherlands, Gosh products are sold in Kruidvat.

 

Final thoughts:

I really love them for days when I want an understated  wash of colour on my lids makeup look. It is so easy to use and I don’t have to think when applying it.

 

So do you have a favourite eyeshadow crayon  for me to look out for? I have a feeling that this will be my next obsession after lip crayons.

 

Hope you enjoy this post and I will talk to you soon, InshaAllah.

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.