Friday, 16 August 2013

In and Out #1: Clarins Extra Comfort Cleansing Cream and Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

If you are new to my blog then, you may not know that I have two mini series on my blog,. They are Friday's Face, Food by Fatma and Skincare Sunday. So, for today I thought of coming up with a new series called In and Out.

In this series I thought of showing old products that I have used up and them replaced by a new one from another brand or range. This way I can compare them, give my first impression about it and give me a chance of trying new products. For its maiden series, let's talk about cleansers.


If you have been a follower of my blog for a while, you might know that I have been using Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish as my night cleanse since early summer of 2012. You can read my full review here. It's been a year of love affair with this cleanser so I thought it's time for a new exciting fling.

Since trying Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, I am hooked with cream cleansers. Since then, I have never purchased a foaming cleanser anymore. I just find cleansing cream more nourishing and revitalizing. My Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is finally on its last leg when I went to search for the next best cream clenaser in the market. My mind was set on the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm but unfortunately it's not sold in The Netherlands.

So, my eyes linger to the Clarins counter. I had a Eureka moment when I saw Clarins Extra Comfort Cleansing Cream. I lifted the box, looked at the ingredients list and took it home. I just had a good feeling about it and bought it without reading any reviews about it. It was later when I found out that it is also Caroline Hiron's favourtite cleanser. Great minds think alike, eh? (insert sheepish laugh)

The ingredients are all very good to the skin and it has Shea butter in it which is another ingredients that I like in a cleansing cream. It is also formulated without alcohol. The cleanser also comes in a tub and a tube packaging but for sanitary reason I chose the tube packaging. It is made for sensitive and extra dry skin which means this cleanser must be very gentle to the skin. Although I have combo-oily skin I don't see any reason why I should not use this cleanser.


First Impression:

This cleansing cream feels comfortable on the skin. Unlike my Liz Earle C&P, it does not drag or pull the skin because of its less waxy texture. My makeup is removed gently yet effectively. Skin is left balanced and soft with no feeling of tightness.

I think I am going to like this cleanser and I can see that people with sensitive and extra dry skin will actually appreciate it even more. 

Clarins have also provided an easy gentle cleansing guide to be used with the cleansing cream.


Have you ever tried cleansing cream or cleansing balm before? Will you be picking one the next time you go cleanser shopping?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.