Saturday, 10 August 2013

Re-purpose Your Eid Outfit (Jovian-Inspired)


4th day of Raya and you had no idea of what to wear? What do you say to repurposing your Eid outfit with something that you may already have? 
 

I am currently living in The Netherlands where a pair of Jovian Mandagie's outfit is far from accessible. So, I let my imagination runs wild and I thought of pairing a songket kebarung bottom with a peplum top to make it look Jovian-esque. 

I searched high and low for the most perfect peplum top and finally found it on sale at Zara. I have already seen Kristina Bazan from Kayture wearing it but when I looked online it was already sold out. So I thought, well, maybe I should move on. Little did I know that it was my lucky day to find the exact Zara peplum top when we were wandering around Venedaal on the first day of Raya. I could not be happier.
 

I love how this outfit looks. I also love the lightness of the peplum top. It is a loose peplum, so it looks modest and feminine. I love the flow of this outfit and how the flowy top balances the structured bottom. The scarf gives it enough texture to the outfit.

I paired the outfit with a white clutch and platinum and silver jewelry to complement it. For shoes, I chose my bejeweled Geox wedges because the colour matched perfectly. 
 

 I would wear this outfit  to open house or visiting friends and relatives. It is also perfect for official events like weddings. 

How do you like this outfit? I hope this post will inspire you and maybe saves you some money from buying a whole new outfit.

Talk to you soon lovelies!!

Scarf and Awning: V&D and Ariani | Peplum top: Zara | Bottom: Kebarung bottom from Bak Femme | Clutch: Nose | Ring: Swarovski | Bracelet:Swarovski | Shoes: Geox
 
 

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.