Friday, 30 August 2013

The Bespoke Pink

 

 
Have you ever had the same dilemma when choosing pink lipsticks or pink blushes? Sometimes, they pull too blue or too bright for my au naturale liking. I wish there was more pink out there that flatters my medium skin tone better. I do have a few but I wish I have more (as if I need more lipsticks, right? Duhh!!)

When desperation strikes, I am so thankful with products that claim to develop your customized shades of pink . Now you see clear, then you see pink. You might have seen my post here, where I dabble on the Dior and L’Oreal offering which does the same exact thing. However, a cheaper offering from the drugstore is not something to be missed. Meet Bourjois Blush Exclusif and Gloss Exclusif.

It is something a little different from anything I have seen because; 1. It is a cream blush and 2. It is a lip gloss but with a drugstore price tag. I know Dior makes one too.

Bourjois Rose Exclusif lipgloss: Like all Bourjois lipglosses, this doesn’t disappoint. Once applied, this clear gloss imparts such a beautiful shade of pink in seconds. On me, it turns into a warm fuchsia colour. The texture is sticky in a good way. It sticks on the lips but when I rub my lips together, they do not stick together at all. I was sold the minute I put this on. Not sticky, moisturizing and everything good in between. My face never looked so radiant. I was surprised at how long lasting it is. It still maintains its glossiness after drinking a lot of water. After eating lunch the colour is still there with only a slight fading. Two hours later, when I was writing this post, surprise, surprise it is still there although more faded than before. It does not dry out my lips either. Something about it just gives your face that pinkylicious glow. Pinky promise you go and get it? It is limited edition, so hurry up!! Bourjois lip gloss have a special place in my heart. I have since owned and repurchased them because I love everything about the texture, finish and its moisturizing properties. You can read my rave here.

Bourjois Blush Exclusif: In the pot, it has the palest shade of pink I have ever seen. The texture of this cream blush reminded me of the newly launched Chanel Cream Blushes. They are so similar in texture and feel. Once applied, however, it turns into a pink shade. It is not as pigmented when compared to my Dior Glow Awakening Blush, however, it can still be built for more intensity. It lasts about 6 hours me before it fades slightly. This product is a good cheaper alternative to Stila Custom Colour Blush or the Dior Glow Awakening Blush. You can purchase it in Etos if you are in The Netherlands or online at Asos.com for international customers.

Would you try these products or do you think it is too gimmicky?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.