Monday, 30 September 2013

Autumnal Lips


 
 
 




This week's post will be a lipstick-laden one. I will be discussing lipsticks and a surprise will be up for you guys somewhere this week. So, be sure to keep your eyes peeled. 

For today's post, I will be talking about lipsticks that are perfect for fall. I must have a thing for berry toned lipsticks because I have quite many of them. I simply have a weakness for them. Plus, I am also glad that most of my favourite berry lipsticks are easily available at the drugstore. Weee!! There are seriously pretty and gorgeous on the lips. 

So let's settle down because I can tell this post is going to be quite long.  Okay, let's begin because I cannot wait any longer!! In the order of the swatch pictures, from left to right,  we will start with: 

1. Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Wear Berries: it is a warm medium purple colour, lasts long and not drying at all. That colour is alsompigmented and texture feels comfortable to wear

2. Elf Mineral Lipstick in Rich Raspberry: another cheapie but a goodie. I was surprised by the quality of this lipstick. The colour is so beautiful and creamy. It is one of those raspberry colour lipstick that looks so flattering on me. Not too dark or too bright. I wore this a lot last autumn.

3. Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Raspberry: this shade is leans more red compared to the former. It is slightly less pigmented but it is not in any way sheer either. For some reason, this looks more plum than red on my lips. 

4. Max Factor Lipfinity Lipstick in Rosewood: I can't even begin to express my love for this lipstick. It is like the perfect blend of pink, mauve and berry altogether. I busted this out a few days ago and it stays on my daily lipstick basket for now or forever. If you have not bought this lipstick already, what are you waiting for?

5. Max Factor Lipfinity Lipstick in Firefly: a new addition from the same line of lipstick. It is a deeper sister of rosy Rosewood. I love this shade and I was shocked that I did not have it ages ago. Did I mention that the formulation of these lipsticks are amazing? Oh yes, the formulation is creamy, richly pigmented and lasts so long on the lips. 

6. YSL Rouge Volupte Shines in 19 Fuchsia in Rage: Seeing is definitely not believing with this lipstick. It looks scary in the tube but on my lips it turns a purplish berry shade. It is perfect for someone who loves a bright lip but does not like dark lipstick. It is YSL, so the experience of swiping this on the lips is surreal. Everything about this lipstick spells luxury. You have to own it to understand the notion. 

7. Etos Color Balm in 04: well you know you are reading Fatimahearts' blog when there is a lip crayon or two involved. This is also one of those bright berry colour. It is quite sheer and lasts around 3 hours on the lips. It does not feel that moisturizing on the lips despite being marketed as a balm.

8. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie: Aaaahhh, another favourite of mine. The colour is so gorgeous!!!! I am crazy about this colour. Something is just right about this colour. There is a balance of pinks, purples and berries mixed together. It is quite pigmented for a lip butter and it is moisturizing too. Ladies, you need this colour in your life!!

9. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter inRaspberry Pie: The berry-est of them all!, Insanely buttery and so pigmented; one swipe equals to opaque coverage. I am still finding the guts to wear this lipstick but I think this would look even greater on someone with fair or dark skin tone. 

10. Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in Berry Blush: This is my second tube of this lipstick. It is quite similar to Revlon Berry Smoothie but more toned down. The formulation is so rich, buttery and moisturizing too. It simply glides on the lips without so much effort. 

11. Sleek Pout Polish in Perfect Plum: this little pot of dark crimson plum hue. It is quite opaque for a lip balm. I don't wear this a lot because I find the scent is so sweet that it makes me feel queasy.

12. Maybelline Color Sensational in Stellar Berry: this is another one of my favourite. I live this gloss to pieces. The colour is pigmented and gorgeous on the lips. It's one of those gloss that you swipe on before you are out the door and you look polished already. Enough said.

13. Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Troublant: This is also another one of my favourite. It has been in constant rotation among other autumnal lipsticks that I have. It is a kind of lip lacquer-lip gloss hybrid thang feels so light and comfortable on the lips. It does not feel sticky and wears long and well on the lips. 

So those are all the shades of autumn lips that I found in my collection. If you have and love any of the shades, let me know in the comments below. I hope you really like this post and I will see you in the next lipstick post. Mmmmuahhh!!

6 comments:

  1. oh my! byknya!! cantikk... i kinda oving berry/plum lipstick now! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriusly banyaknya lipstik. tak berani sangat pakai ala-ala pink.. sebab kulit kita tak berapa kena je dgn pink rasa nya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.that's why I love berry shade..pink does not suit me either,especially blue pinks.

      Delete
  3. Suka 5 & 6. Warna cantik sangat. Oh, YSL YSL YSL... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have good tastes!! Don't forget to enter the giveaway!!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.