Thursday, 5 September 2013

Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara




I have to give Maybelline a standing ovation for being probably the first drugstore mascara to ever come up with the idea of combining two mascaras for both upper and lower lashes in one. That is just genius. Sadly, I have already owned Clinique bottom lash mascara almost 6 months before it. I have been using it for two weeks now and I quite like this mascara. I say this because this mascara does the job well if you want natural looking lashes because it does not give that dramatic effect. I think the name 'Big Eyes' suggest bigger looking eyes by opening up the upper lashes and lower lashes. Without further ado, let's get into details:

What is it?
A double ended mascara for upper and lower lashes.

Wand:
It is a natural bristle brush. It is a medium-sized wand but to me the wand for the lower lashes is too big for what it's meant for. Clinique bottom lash mascara has much more smaller brush to get all the little hairs better. The upper lashes wand is designed in a spiral. The little hair on the upper lash wand is quite widely-spaced between each other. This makes the mascara less voluminous.

The formula:
It has a semi-dry formulation which I really like. For some reasons, wet formulation and synthetic bristle mascaras (Benefit They're Real, Chanel Le Volume de Chanel, Max Factor False Lash Effect) never seem to work on my lashes. I love the formulation of this mascara because it does not makes my lashes clumpy and spidery. It does not flake or smudge throughout the day. It separates the lashes so well and can be built for more ummphh.

The result:
The colour of this mascara is quite black but it is not as jet black as my Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara. It does lift my upper lashes making my eyes look more awake. It also accents my lower lashes so nicely. The result is really not as dramatic or as voluminous as some mascaras I have tried before but it is a really great everyday mascara. Being a double ended mascara, this will be a perfect handbag and travel companion. 

The verdict: 
If you like natural looking lashes this is the mascara for you. And if you know dryer formulation and natural bristle mascara works well for you, then this might be for you. If you are looking for a mascara to accentuate your lower lashes but are afraid of using a normal mascara to do so, then this is for you too. 

I guess this is the end of the review. I will see you again in the next post. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.