Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Curious About Bronzer


Left Cheek wearing Bourjois Brozing Primer | Right Cheek wearing The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 03 (On lips: Max Factor LipFinity Lipstick in Rosewood)

Being born an Asian, bronzer is not something staple to have in my makeup routine. However, since living here, I see them everywhere and that kinda sparks my curiousity or rather my addiction towards collecting more makeup item in a form of bronzer.
 
So, after dabbling and doing research a.k.a swatching a whole lot of bronzers from high end to drugstore, I bought two bronzers that I think were really impressive. Bronzing and contouring can be quite scary if you are a first timer but the result is as if you have lost weight on your face and you have high and defined cheekbone. Amazing!! With bronzers, you do not want to overdo it, so choose a bronzer that is close to your skin colour; 1 to 2 shades darker. Avoid red toned brozer because it can look very muddy and not natural.
 
As you can see on the above swatch on my face, Bourjois Bronzing Primer applies darker than The Body Shop Honey Bronzer but they both look very natural. It looks as if it has lifted my cheekbone just a little bit. I am sure you can find a lot of tutorial on how to apply bronzer on YouTube but try and have a feel for it yourself by finding your own natural contour. Be aware that if you have a very slim and naturally contoured face, bronzing may make you look older or gaunt. So, I think it is best to find a more subtle bronzer shade.
 
Overall, I really think that bronzing and contouring my face made a lot of difference. If you compare pictures of myself from previous posts you can really tell the change a bronzer can do. I know it might not be something you will fall in love within seconds, but try it and you will know what I mean. I can't wait to have more playtime with my bronzers. I have definitely become a bronzer convert!! Are you in? 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Saya pilih sebelah kanan! Akak nampak cantik pakai bronzer. Sebenarnya saya pun baru nak mula pakai bronzer. Dulu langsung tak kisah pun. Haha. Ada la sekali tu saya pakai bronzer masa nak beli barang. Ntah apa angin mau melaram padahal beli barang je. Hehe. Ada seorang pekerja ni memang selalu la jumpa. Dia tegur, saya nampak cantik sebab sebelum ni takde pula puji. (Oh maknanya sebelum ni tak cantik la kan... Huhu). Tu la pertama kali beli barang pakai bronzer. Jadi kesimpulannya bronzer memainkan peranan penting juga sebenarnya supaya wajah kelihatan menarik. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha..lawaklah awak ni..rs mcm bronzer ni bg warmth kat muka..so nampak lively sikit..bila lively, nmpak lah cantik..hehe..

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks..i am still an amateur at applying bronzer..me too!! it is such a great first bronzer for everybody who has just started wearing a bronzer..

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you!! hope youenjoy reading it!!

      Delete
  4. i love bronzer! sbb buat muka sy kurus! hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehbawak.lama x dgr khabar,,betul ti mmg nmpsk runcing and tirus

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.