Monday, 9 September 2013

Essence Lipsticks: Review and Swatches

L-R: Essence Lipstick in Almost Famous, Essence lipstick in All About Cupcake, Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Dare to Wear, Wear Berries, On the Catwalk and Natural Beauty


Left: On The Catwalk, Right: Dare to Wear
Left: All About Cupcake, Right: Almost Famous
Left: Natural Beauty, Right: Wear Berries

If you have been looking for a good drugstore lipsticks with a good selection of colours and finishes, look no further than Essence. With only under €3 per lipstick, you can easily gone home with 10 and still have some money left to buy lunch. 

These are my 6 favourite lipsticks from the brand. 2 of them are from their normal lipstick line; All About Cupcake and Almost Famous. They are sheerer in pigmentation and Moisturising on the lips. All AboutCupcake is  my favourite pinky nude shade. It looks so flattering on my medium skin tone. Almost Famous on the other hand, is a sheer juicy red. They last about 4 hours on the lips and do not dry the lips at all. you do not a gloss to top it off because they are already glossy. 

The new offering from the brand is their Long Lasting Lipsticks. I have four here which are; Natural Beauty (a pinky nude), Wear Berries (purplish berry), On The Catwalk (terracotta red) and Dare to Wear (red). It comes with a wide spectrum of colours and so far are THE BEST from the drugstore. Nudes, pinks, berries, plums and reds, they got it down. The shades are all very creamy and they remind me of M.A.C Amplified formulation. Creamy and pigmented. However, these ones from Essence are much easier to apply; they don't drag the lips. The finish are sheeny and not matte. They are still beautiful on its own but for some added drama, a layer of gloss wouldn't hurt. Surprisingly, they are not the least bit drying to the lips, so they are very forgiving on the lips. I highly recommend them and between you and me, I have more Essence lipsticks than M.A.C lipsticks. I just found Essnece lipsticks are more wearable and less bold. They are  long lasting and stay comfortably light on the lips.

So, watch out for the launch of these new lipsticks!! I am sure they are going to sell like hot 'goreng pisang'. 


6 comments:

  1. i love the colour of wear berries :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you love berries ek..try revlon lip butters in berry smoothie..i like it..

      Delete
  2. I got the All about Cupcake from you! love it! and it does smells like cupcake! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. I've been searching for a red velvet lisptick which don`t dry my lips. I was on google, looking swatches and swatches but your post is good for me because you show severals red lipsticks together. At the end i've just asked Dare To Wear in my on line shopping ( that's why o was searching with google, to add a lipstick to my shopping cart ). Sorry by my english, lol

    Best regards from Spain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's ok..i understand you fully..thank you for stopping by and I am glad that this review helps you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thank u in the help of making my choice, do visit my blog too :) http://www.sparklingsmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.