Saturday, 28 September 2013

Friday's Face #11: Brown Smoke




First of all excuse me fo a late Friday's Face post. My daughter is sick so, I hope you can understand. Anyway, let's begin. So, for the past few days, I have been wanting to do a brown-purple smokey. It is so fall-appropriate and it still looks natural because of the earthy tones.

So, for base, I used Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Beauty Booster all over my face. This BB cream has a beautiful finish and quite long lasting. I then, brightened and conceaed my underete area with Etos Brightening concealer. This stuff is so amazingly pigmented without looking thick and cakey. My favourite concealer at the momnet is Makeup For Ever Full Cover Concealer. It covers blemishes so well. Finally I set them all in place with Guerlain Meteorites Powder. This powder gave a luminous finish on the skin which I really love.

For eyes, I primed my eyelids first using Hema Eyeshadow Base. Then, I used Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Ebloui as a base for this brown smokey. The colour is nothing like I have seen before. It is like a reddish terracotta brown which is just so so so beautiful. The colour is just complex that it is worth buying one.Then I took, the second colour from Bourjois Trio Eyeshadow Palette for the inner half and inner corner of my eyes to complement the look. And then I took the darkest colour form Dior 5-colours Eyeshadow Palette in Stylish Move to the outer V and then Blend them slightly into the crease. I finish the look with a coat of mascara, a black liner to the upper lshlines and a shimmery pink eyeliner from Gosh called Pink Darling on the lower lashlines.

For lips I applied Guerlain Rouge G in Gemma which is a perfect muted pinky mauve colour. This lipstick feels comfortable on the the lips. It's neither matte nor glossy, pigmented and it lasts long on the lips too. For cheeks I highlighted my cheekbones with The Body Shop Shimmer Waves and I chose the berry shade from Gosh Pink Pie Blush for the apples of my cheeks.

So, there ypu have it, my take on brown smokey eye. I really love this look. It makes my brown eyes pop due to the purple tones in the shadow. I hope you enjoyed this post and I'll talk to you later!!

3 comments:

  1. The makeup look is amazing on you. Love it. =)
    Ohh and I follow you on Instagram. Maybe follow me back ya. :)
    Thank you.
    Xoxo
    Sincerely Renny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you renny..I really love dark purple and reddish brown eyeshadow now especially no that is is autumn..

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.