Tuesday, 3 September 2013

In and Out #2: Clarins Doux Exfoliant


Toners have been in my skincare repertoire since I was a teenager and battling acne. It is something that I simply could not skip or else I feel like something is missing. It’s the feeling that my face will not be as clean and congested or my moisturizer will not be absorbed fast enough into my skin. Toners can also be tricky to choose sometimes. I would strongly advised against toners which contains alcohol in it because it will just evaporate the moisture of your skin. I have been going through all sort of different toners over the years  ; exfoliating, acne fighting, pore minimising etc. Sometimes, I just forgot about how important of a step it is and how important that I get the right toner and ended up buying a generic one that does absolutely nothing significant.

So, that’s why it is time for another In and Out series. Time to retire my Olay or as they call it here Olaz toner with my rekindled flame, Clarins Doux Exfoliant or Clarins Exfoliating Toner. This toner is special because it has AHA in it which is supposed to exfoliate dead skin away and reveal bright and radiant looking skin. I used this a long time ago but never seem to repurchase it again when I ran out. I think at the time I have some toners left  to go through. Ever since I started using it again, I finally know how much  I have missed it. It is like a rebound, haha.

It just gets rid of my any dead skin cells and I can feel my skin thanking me everytime I used it. You know when you have an annoying scab from an acne, this potion will get it off in a jiffy. It reveals the soft and supple skin underneath. And if you have hyperpigmentation issues this is the toner for you, nothing less, nothing more. Otherwise, if you have sensitive skin, you may also benefit from it because it is gentle enough to use. I used it everyday mainly at night but you may want to use it every other day if you skin is quite sensitive. It is not as concentrated as my Alpha-H Liqiud Gold but it gets the exfoliating job done.


Overall, I am really happy with how my skin looks and feel after using it. I have made the right choice for my skin. Do you use toners in your skincare routine? Oh, and please comment below if you know of an exfoliating toner from the drugstore!! That would make me so happy!!

2 comments:

  1. fatima, wanted to share with you an exfoliator that I use for the past 3 months and have been loving it! It's called Cure Natural Aqua Gel. I would use it once a week after cleansing and before toner and moisturizing. Im sure you'll love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the suggestion umi!! I will have a look at it!!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.