Thursday, 26 September 2013

In-Transit Makeup


When it comes to travelling, besides packing a luggage of clothes, a girl has got to carry her stuff that will make her look pretty and gorgeous for holiday. However, let’s face it, you don’t want to take your whole vanity with you and while travelling things can get a little out of hand; foundation bottles may break or explode due to cabin pressure and powders may break from tossing the luggage around. As for me, when I travel, I make sure that I brought my skincare stuffs along with me because I do not want my skin to go haywire while travelling and I tend to keep the makeup to the minimum. Let’s face it you don’t even get enough sleep while globetrotting, let alone, doing a full face of makeup. So, if you are like me,  try and minimize the makeup to the bare essentials.So, for that I have come up with a solution for makeup that will  last the test of travelling.
For base, I highly recommend bringing a stick foundation, for example Vichy Dermablend, Maybelline Fit me Foundation Stick, Shiseido Stick Foundation or Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick. Not only they are easy to carry, they are also easy to apply. Just swipe it across the face and blend away. No more dealing with runny foundations that will end up ruining your clothes. Also, bring along a powder foundation for days when you want your brush to do the work. Not only is this will be perfect for touch ups and setting foundation, it can also be worn on its own giving enough coverage for the skin. I am currently loving this Sephora Mattifying Foundation because it does not look cakey and the powder is very finely milled. Also, bring along one of each of your go-to concealer or corrector
For eyes, unless you have all the time in the world for eye makeup while being on the other side of the world, I suggest you not to bring a whole lot of eyeshadows. If you can find one that works for you, eyeshadow pencil or eyeshadow sticks are very travel-friendly. Try Max Factor Smpkey Eye Effect shadow pencil, Gosh Eyeshadow Pencil, Rimmel Scandal Eyes Shadow pencil, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil and Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes. They can double up as an eyeliner too if you want a bolder and defined look. Of course, never forget mascara. Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara are such a great double ended mascara that has your bottom lash and upper lash sorted. For more drama, try Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara. Last but not least, don’t forget the brows.
For lips and cheeks, we are definitely still in the “chubby pencil” zone and for that I chose Bourjois Color Boost in Fuchsia Libre and Peach on The Beach. They are very wearable shades and because it is shaped like a crayon, it makes application a walk in the park. Easy breezy. To sizzle things up a little bit, carry one red lipstick for a night out. On the other hand, blush sticks are great travel companions. Try Essence Blush Stick, Topshop Cream Blush Stick, Benefit Fine One One or NARS Multiple in Portofino. Use your clean fingers to blend and you are done!!
 
 
I generally, do not carry expensive makeup items with me while travelling because I am afraid that I will lose them or they got ruined from packing and unpacking stuffs. So, there you go!! It is my take on how to travel light with makeup. I hope you enjoy reading this because I certainly enjoy writing this post!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I use to go overboard with my makeup when packing, thinking I would need a variety of things because I didn't know what I'd be doing each and every day. I have learned to slowly.. minimize it (: Thanks for this post! Very helpful!
    beautyandtheflaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made this post because I always feel like it is such a hassle to pack and do makeup while traveling..Thank you Mariah for the comment. I will check out your blog soon!!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.