Wednesday, 18 September 2013

My Favourite Lipsticks, Reviews and Swatches


Top to bottom: Chanel Rouge Coco Shines in Rivage | Essence All About Cupcake | Bourjois Color Boost in Fuchsia Libre | Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Troublant | Benefit Cha Cha tint


I was inspired to do this post after seeing Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup and Lily from What I Heart Today did their video on this. In that video, they divided each favourite into 5 categories; lip crayons, lip lacquers, all time favourite, sheer lipsticks and brights.

I have came up with my favourites out of all categories and a review of each of them. So without further ado, let's get started.

 

Lip Crayons: Bourjois Color Boost in fuchsia Libre

Have I not raved enough about this already. This slams all lip crayons out there from Dior to Catrice. Other than lacking more fun colours like their sister Revlon Just Bitten Kissbale Balm Stain, these are glossy, long lasting and staining as well.

 

Lip Lacquers: Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Troublant

This has open my eyes to the world of lip lacquers because these do not feel thick on the lips, glossy, long lasting and comfortable. The colour is what I really love too. This was part of a limited collection but you can also find something similar from the range in the shade Merveille.

 

All time favourite: Essence all about cupcake

This is the best pink lipstick from the drugstore (full stop). I even have two backups of these. It is sheer but buildable kinda lipstick.  

 

Sheer: Rouge Coco Shines in Rivage

What else but this. The colour is just so classy and that’s why this lipstick wins. I still love my Revlon Lip Butters and Loreal Rouge Caresse, however I have to give it to Chanel Rouge Coco Shines for their vast colour selections.

 

Brights: Benefit Cha Cha Tint

I don’t normally gravitate towards bright neon lips but if I have to go with one, it’d be Benefit Cha Cha tint which is a gorgeous peachy orange colour that gives a pop of colour to the lips. It stains the lips opaquely as well. Great for a long day out. I wore it during Raya this year when we were celebrating at the Malaysian Embassy in The Hague.


I guess that is all. I would also like to hear about your favourites too for each category. So, don't forget to comment below!!
 

7 comments:

  1. Saya suka warna Fuchsia Libre tu juga. Haha.. dan Allure Laque in Troublant. Cantik... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. akk pun..kalu diorg ade kaler byk lagi mmg best!!skrg diorg ade 4 kaler je..

      Delete
  2. Hey thank you for sharing this post.
    The bourjois color boost is now on my wish list.
    Will try it out soon.
    Ohh and I follow you.
    Maybe follow me back if you have not.
    Thank you and have a great day ahead.
    xoxo
    Sincerely Renny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi renny,, already followed you..and i have to say you did some very good quality post..i want to rty that urban decay lipstick!! you have a great day too!!

      Delete
    2. Hi Fatimah.
      Thank you for the support and the follow.
      ohh and I'm thinking of making this post too.
      I love lip products :)

      xoxo
      Sincerely Renny.

      Delete
  3. Hye dear! I agree w u about essence lipstick. Initially i was very sceptical about essence products cz of itz cheap price (opps!) I thought it will somehow might upsetting me like how silky girl's products used to be (as for my liking & experienced) but...I read lotsa positive reviews about essence. So yesterday I brave up myself to buy that lipstick similar like yours but the shade I bought is look at me! (Brown-nude color).. yeah, surprisingly itz moist,lightweight,has nice smell & easy glide on my dry lips although I didn't putted on my lip ice lipbam first. Impressive although itz cheap, but not ling lasting (nvm lah can re-reapply) :-p hikhik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah .i think I have seen that shade..i was hesitant myself too until I tried it..it does not last that long but then again it is not marketed as a long lasting lipstick..it is like the texture of Mac luster finishes..I am glad that you like it too!!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.