Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Autumnal Cheeks


L-R: Catrice Rosewood, Tarte Exposed, Elf Mellow Mauve, Catrice bed of Flowers and theBalm Cabana Boy

I have just started wearing blush a few months back. Before that, not a single blush has grazed my cheeks. I think it could be due to the fact that I used to have severe acne on my cheeks that I fear wearing blush is just going to make matters look worse. Now, that my skin has cleared up I have slowly develop a relationship for blush. Now, I cannot help but wear blush because it gives the cheeks a perky and healthy glow. Anyway, let’s start let’s get started with my picks for autumn/winter blush.

The ‘It’ blush Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour blush in Exposed:I have not been using this as I should have.  This blush is a natural colored that suits most skin tones, most seasons. It is an everyday kinda blush that has the perfect amount of brown and pink in it.

Wearing Tarte Exposed
The perfect berry Blush, theBalm Cabana Boy: a midtone warm berry blush. It still have some pinkness in it that makes it wearable. The quality of this blush is just amazing. You just need a stippling brush and tap into the product once and that is enough for one cheek. It is insanely pigmented that using a normal blush brush may give a clown look if you are not careful or if you are an amateur like me. It is a satiny blush and it does not look powdery on the cheeks. I wore in on my Instagram photo today with Rimmel Cutting Edge lipstick. Perfect combination.

Wearing theBalm Cabana Boy
Earthen rose berry, Catrice Rosewood: The name of the shade just describes the colour well. I picked this up because it reminds me of NARS Blush in Sin. I don’t know if it is a dupe for Nars Sin because I don’t own a single NARS product. It is one of those au naturale blush that looks great on medium skin tones. This is also a very soft finely milled and pigmented blush, so application has to be light-handed.

A perfect mauve, Elf Mellow Mauve: |This blush is more forgiving in pigmentation that it is ok to go slightly heavy handed. The texture of this blush is quite grainy but I don’t not have problem with it applying patchy or anything. I don’t know how it works but it works. It gives my cheek a soft mauve colour. I love this blush. I wore this blush here.

Berries and Creme, Catrice Lip and Cheek Colour in Bed of Flowers: Another berry blush but this one leans more purple. I don’t have an opinion about this blush because I simply like it for the colour. However it is poor in pigmentation and longevity. I have to use extra effort to blend and get the product out. Thus, the facts drive me to get the Chanel cream blush in the shade, Fantastic which is also a purplish berry colour.


So that is all for my autumn/winter blush selection. Do you love wearing blushers?

1 comment:

  1. Suka tengok akak gambar no.2! Warna lipstick sesuai dengan akak, sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.