Thursday, 17 October 2013

Clinique Chubby Sticks Shadow Tint for Eyes: Review and Swatches




Clinique has done it again. Since they are famous with their chubby sticks, it is expected that they will come up with a chubby stick for eyes. And they did. Unlike their traditional chubby stick, the Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes has a blunt spherical nib. In one way, it is good for  sweeping the colours all over the eyelid without poking your eyes but in another way it is not a good choice if you want to create a defined outer corner look. You may need a cotton bud or a tape to achieve that.

The colors are more on the subtle sides. You know, how shadow pencil can be really intensely pigmented and densely packed with glitters, these ones do not do that. Oh I don’t know how Clinique does it but they managed to also deliver pigmentation in one swipe yet the result is still natural. Most of the dark colours are on the satin-matte finish.

The colours I have are:

-       Fuller Fudge: the colour reminds me of brownies. It is quite dark for a the outer V yet still wearable for an all over lid colour.

-       Portly Plum: the name says it all, it is a purplish plum colour. I used this normally to define my crease and my outer corner.

Since wearing them, I have not seen any creasing on my oily and sweaty eyelids. I wore them without a primer and they last until the end of a work day. I assume that you will get a longer wear and more intense colour payoff with an eyeshadow primer. They set on the lids so the colors do not move around. It feels so light on the lids too compared to my Essence Stays On No Matter What Eye Pencil which I just reviewed here. It is also not as waxy or pasty as the Essence ones. I ‘d say, one point to lose is for how big and blunt the nibs are that mekes them almost impossible to use as a liner.
Essence Whipped White Frosting (inner corner), Clinique Fuller Fudge on eyelids and Clinique Portly Plum on the outer corner
Overall, they are  a really great eyshadow pencil. I am a fan although I would
like to see more fun colour offerings.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.