Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Easy Smokey Eye


I believe eyeshadows have come a long way since it was first invented. There are now a plethora of textures, finishes and packaging for eyeshadow nowadays. And I could not be more happy. More varieties of products means more options particularly options for doing an easy smokey eye. Swipe it across the lids, blend and pop an inner corner highlight and you are good to go. You can intensify by adding a few finishing touches; e.g: liner, outer V shade or even a loose glitter on top of to give that 'i spent hours doing my my eyes' look.
I think doing a smokey eye is so handy with cream eyeshadows. No fall out, no more blending endlessly and its so quick. Plus, I think it is perfect for someone who is just starting to wear smokey eyes like myself because it is hard to get it wrong. Besides that, with cream eyeshadow, you can always built up the colour to the intensity that you want without it looking too powdery on the lids.

Well, obviously smokey eye can take form of many colours, from greens, browns, khaki, rust, grey to the conventional black. And today, I have 4 colours to show you to achieve a unique smokey eye look. They are all amazing, crease proof and long lasting.
They are:
-Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Get Figgy: This is a colour that is still quite deep yet it has some mauve and pinks running through. It can pass as a neutral smokey eye. You can see them in action on my recent Friday's Face.

-Chanel Illusion d 'Ombre in Ebloui: This is such a unique shade. It is brown with a red undertone. Such a beautiful shades for fall or for everyday. On the lids, it is even more beautiful. From the swatch you can see that there are fine silver micro glitters running through it.

-Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate: This shade reminds me of a Benefit creaseless Cream Shadow in Stiletto but a little less red and more burgundy. It is such a gorgeous shade I have ever seen from a drugstore brand. When I wore this my eyes look more brown and it is great for brown eyed girls.

-Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Immortal Charcoal: Another good one from Maybelline. This is a gunmetal deep grey color that can turn heads. It is not black but it is deep enough for a smokey eye. It is a modern take of an all black smokey eye look.

L-R: Benefit Get Figgy, Chanel Ebloui, Maybelline Metallic Pomegranate and Maybelline Immortal Charcoal

So there you have it, a rundown of my favourite smokey eye looks just by using a cream eyeshadow. So handy dandy. Below are the looks that I have created so far using all of the four shades mentioned:


Left: Benefit Get Figgy | Right: Chanel Ebloui

Left: Maybelline Immortal Charcoal | Right: Maybelline Metallic Pomegranate



Today, I am rocking Maybelline Metallic Pomegranate which I have just hauled not too long ago. I love this shade so much!! Head over to my Instagram @fatimahearts to see the products I used to create this look!!

Till next time. Bye!!

6 comments:

  1. you can never go wrong with dark plum color! this is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Metallic Pomegranate cantik! Get Figgy dan Ebloui pun cantik! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the maybelline color tattoo for everyday wear. but because im not much of an eyeshadow person, i don't think i'll splurge on chanel's eyeshadows. i love your look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark plum color is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love Benefit and Chanel! <3
    Visit my page for reviews on the UK edition of Maybelline's Color Tattoos of 5 shades!
    www.nadkassim.blogspot.com
    TQ <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. u have a flawless skin..i like..btw u used Maybelline Metallic Pomegranate its more better n nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.