Tuesday, 22 October 2013

New from Rimmel



Newsflash: Rimmel has revamped their cult products and bringing something new to the market. Meet the new reformulated Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks!! I was never drawn to them whenever I pass by a Rimmel display but their new revamped twin sisters had me at hello!! I picked up two shades; Notting Hill Nude and Vintage Pink, both of which are new to the Dutch market. I know they are certainly a classic in the UK but for some absurd reasons we finally got them!! The shade Vintage Pink was something I have been looking for a long time ever since Lisa Eldridge spoke about it in her videos and it is just my kind of colour, a very classy and sophisticated rosy pink. Notting Hill Nude, on the other hand, is a perfect nude for my skin tone. I just love it. With this collection there are also 6 other shades that are new to the line.


Wearing Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude and Rimmel Glam Eyes HD 5-Color Eyeshadow in Brixton Brown

The new formula is soft and buttery yet it delivers an intense colour in just one swipe across the lips. They are not sheer at the very least. They remind me of the YSL Rouge Voluptes but with longer lasting power. Seriously AMAZING. It feels very conditioning and moisturizing on the lips as well. On me, it lasts until the end of my lunch break. Do you know how opaque lipstick can be simply creamy, these babies are creamy but they have a buttery slip to them like the YSL Rouge Voluptes. To those of you who finds that fragrance in cosmetics are offensive, this lipstick is made for you because the scent is undetectable.

Wearing Rimmel Moisture Renew in Vintage Pink, Rimmel transparent lipliner and Rimmel Glam Eyes HD 5-Color Eyeshadow in Brixton brown
With this new collection, there is this new Transparent Lip Liner which I think is a unique product to have if you are not a lip liner kinda gal. Ever since Too Faced came up with it years ago, I think is the first drugstore brand that follows suit. The fact that it is transparent means there is no more unsightly line lip look when let’s say your lipstick disappear. I think both the lipstick and the lipliner go hand in hand by keeping the lipstick inside the lip lines without feathering. I have not noticed any feathering on me without the lipliner but if you are someone who has feathering issues, the lip liner is a must-have. In fact, this product will suit any lip colors and lipstick formulations.

Lipsticks out of the way and in comes 4 new Rimmel Glam Eyes HD 5 Colour Eyeshadow Palette. I was searching for a fall appropriate eyeshadow palette and this particular palette called 022 Brixton Brown screams autumn all the way. I was drawn to the rich russet shade in the centre. The other surrounding shades complement the shade very well. The texture of these eyeshadow is not as buttery as other high end shadows but the they deliver in terms of pigmentation. Neither chalky nor powdery, the pigmentation is just as rich. The bonus part: there is zero fall out so you can apply your eyeshadow after you did your whole face.

So that was my first impression plus rave review on the new releases from Rimmel. I have to say that they are now stepping up their game by coming up with products that rival high end ones. I will be sure to pick up more sometime soon and you should too!!

6 comments:

  1. Vintage Pink dah ada tapi lain packaging. Oh my, cantiknya warna Notting Hill Nude tu! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yang ni baru punye..lebih pigmented and more moisturising.. wait for the new ones to come out!!

      Delete
  2. Hi sis, where did you buy Rimmel London's products?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kalau kat holland ade katkruidvat and etos..but i think kat malaysia ade kat guardian ek?

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.