Friday, 8 November 2013

Chanel Joues Contraste in 84 Accent

 
 


  Another beauty from the Chanel Holiday 2013 is the Joues Contraste in Accent, a rosy brownish-mauve shade that is unique, if you ask me. It is a warm toned blush that is great as a complexion warmer. I was never drawn to Chanel Joues Contraste before. Maybe it was because the shimmer that is running through the blush when swatched. Well, let me tell you, the shimmer is definitely misleading because once on the cheeks, the shimmer is undetectable. It is so finely milled that you cannot see ANY flecks of it.

This particular shade is nicely pigmented, not too sheer nor too intense. It is soft and easily blendable so it is hard to go overboard with this. Because of the neutral tones of this blush, it is a perfect blush to pair with say, a bold lip color  or red lips because it does not distract or take away from the boldness of the lip color. It is also a kind of blush that can be doubled up as a bronzer as well; perfect all rounder and all year round kinda blush.

I bought this blush because I do not have any shade like this in my collection. It is not your typical baby pink or coral blush. In my opinion, it is a grown up blush. I love the way it looks on my skin and the scent of this blush is divine. It lasts around 8 hours on me before it shows signs of fading. It remains uniform on the skin throughout the day as well. 

I love this blush and I can see that I will be wearing this a lot for every makeup look. It is just a versatile shade. Have you ever tried Chanel Joues Contraste before?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.