Thursday, 21 November 2013

Chanel Ombre Matelassees in Charming: Review and Swatches







As part of the Chanel Nuit de Infinite Holiday 2013 collection is the stunning five pan eyeshadow palette. I was lucky to get this discounted for 20% at my local departmental store and it was money well spent because I really LOVE this palette. It is the ONE for me. For me the colour selection is what makes the palette great. The shade varies from beige, cork, a warm bronzey brown, a dark chocolate brown to a dark aubergine shade. Sometimes I think, some palettes don't have enough dark colours and too many light colours. This palette has enough of both. Plus, you know how sometimes a palette includes a black shade? Ehem Naked Basics. Well this one doesn't. 

The pigmentation of all colours in this palette is phenomenal. They blend so easily with not a single fallout in sight. It has 4 matte and 1 pearly finishes. They are all even in pigmentation and the matte shades are smooth and buttery without being chalky. 

For some, this palette may lack some flair and just another neutral palette. Being a holiday palette, it does not have that sparkly qualities to it. Well, I beg to differ. For me that's what sets it apart from the other Christmas-ey palette in the market. It is not just another neutral palette, it is the ONE neutral palette. 

If you are looking to buy just one thing from the Chanel Holiday 2013 collection, this palette would be it. You are going to get a lot of wear out of it and I promise you are going to love it like I do. 






2 comments:

  1. It looks far better than the Naked basics :) and I really love the bronzey shade! Looks very versatile!

    Asmaa || JustPeachy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!! I can't tell you enough how versatile this palette is.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.