Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Dior 5-Couleur Eyeshadow in 970 Stylish Move: Review and Swatches

 
 
 
 

 

Hands down my favourite purple palette ever!! Oh sorry, I did not tell you what it is yet. It is the Dior 5 Couleur Eyeshadow Palette in 970 Stylish Move. I have been using this palette a lot since the day I got it. I think it is the best complementing purple eyeshadow palette out there in the market. I simply could not find anything even close to it. The shades that are in this palette are great for an everyday neutral look or a smokey eye look. According to a Dior makeup artist I met before, this Dior palette is designed to be worn two ways. If you take the palette in your hand and make two lines that goes diagonally across the palette, you will get a cross shape in which each line represent a way of wearing them. The two lines will intersect the middle shade which will be your highlight shade. However, I simply love wearing it the way that I like to which is by using all of the colours.
I first started by wearing the bronzy brown shade all over the lid then I took the midtone cranberry shade to the crease, For the outer V I took the darkest shade in the palette, which is a deep purple shade and extend it to my lower lash line. To highlight the inner corner I took the pale pink shade and for the brow bone, I took the middle shade and blend them all to make them look more subtle.
The finished look is simply amazing and sultry-looking. I cannot tell you how much I really love it. All of the colours are so blendable and smooth and I did not experience any fallout from it. They do not crease and last on my lids all day even without a primer. Apparently, depending on the condition of your eyelids, you may want to wear a primer first for better wear and intensity. I would say that having small palettes like this is perfect for someone like me who doesn’t wear eyeshadow a lot and loves compact packaging. Of course, you can customise your own palette yourself but why go through the troubles when you have one made for you, right? If you are someone who gets intimidated or indecisive by the wide choice of what 12-pan or a 10-pan palettes have to offer, you may not be again when you have the Dior 5-Couleur Eyeshadow Palette. They have a wide variety of shades and you will find one that suits you. Just a heads up, Dior eyeshadows are one of the best quality eyeshadows out there.
So, do you have any shade in mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.