Friday, 8 November 2013

Hydration Inc.


Since the air has gotten colder and drier, so does my skin. So, I have been all up on my sleeves with a hydration agenda in mind and nothing else. I tend to get random dry patches around my cheeks and my nose, however with this routine that I am about to show you dryness has no chance to surface at all. I have really been enjoying the dramatic results that I thought I would share it with you.
Cleansing is the most important step. I think this step should not be abrasive that it will strip the skins’ own moisture. Try and choose a cleanser that is non-foamy, gentle and great at taking away makeup. For me, cream cleanser or cleansing balm does this best. Currently I am using Clarins Extra Comfort Cleansing Cream which I think is great. I massage it around my skin and I remove it all with a muslin cloth. My skin feels soft, comfortable and nice afterwards.
The next step is a new step in my skincare routine. I was introduced this new Ibuki skincare line from Shiseido a few days ago and was given a few samples from the line to try. I was impressed with how this Ibuki Softening Concentrate has made my skin feels; soft as a baby’s bottom and so hydrated. It penetrates so fast that your skin feels better in an instant. I love this extra step and I will keep it on my skincare repertoire.
After applying the essence, I went in with serums.; Filorga Hyal Defence Hyaluronic Acid Protection Serum (great alternative to the Indeed Labs Hydraluron) for day and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair II for night. They are both miracle workers!! I don’t know what they do but my skin just look way better, younger, plumper  and firmer after using them.
Another Filorga goodness is this Filorga Iso-Age. I use it day and night over the serums and I think they work so well together. Despite having a combination skin, I never had problems with oiliness or breakouts. It is quite a rich cream but it is also light at the same time. I don’t feel it sitting on top of my skin because it absorbs so fast. My skin never feels so hydrated.
For a hydrating mask, it is none other than Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask to save the day. I used this a lot whilst I was sick and it has kept my skin under control from dryness. I have also included two hydrating friends for the eyes and the lips. To say that I have been loving Origins Plantscription is an understatement. This little tiny wonder has gotten rid off my pesky eczema and fine lines I have on my lids. This deserves a Skincare Sunday post of its own. For the lips, I am still loving the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm. It is a lip balm that you want to have when the weather gets more harsh. It has honey in it which is good from trapping moisture in. I tend to use it at night before bed and it really conditions my lips.
That is my hydration arsenal revealed. Remember, to always keep your skin hydrated and drink a lot of water as well. Read this article if you want to see how water can take 10years off your age. What is in your hydration arsenal?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.