Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Rimmel Lipsticks: Review and Swatches


I am just drawn to Rimmel lately, specifically their lip products.I keep finding more and more attractive, wearable and unique shades that not a lot of drugstore lip products produced.


L-R: Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish in 07, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Heartbreaker, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick Cutting Edge, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink, Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial and Rimmel Apocalips in Nova
L-R: Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 07 and Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Heartbreaker
L-R: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Cutting Edge and Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude
L-R: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink and Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial
Wearing Rimmel Apocalips in Nova

Rimmel Kate lasting Finish Lipstick in 07
This is my very first lipstick from Rimmel and it is still one of my favourites nude lipstick shades. It is a peach nude colour with just a slight hint of pink. So flattering on my medium skin tone.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Heartbreaker 
Another gem from Rimmel is this darkened fuchsia color. I just knew that this is the shade that Zooey Deschanel wore in one of the Rimmel ads. So if it's good enough for her, it is good enough for me. Plus this colour will look good on everyone.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Cutting Edge
You gotta to give it to Rimmel when it comes to dark vampy shades from the drugstore. They have all kinds of shade from oxblood, reds to vampy, almost black lipstick. Rimmel Cutting Edge, in my opinion, is the most wearable dark berry colour with the right amount of pinks and fuchsia in it. It can also be worn sheer on the lips by just dabbing the bullet on the lips. Double like!!

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude
The nudest of the bunch and the newest too. The new re-launched line is much more intense in pigmentation. For me, this is a straight up peachy nude colour that will complement a smokey eye really well.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink
This is such a unique shade. It reminds me of M.A.C lipstick in Up The Amp for the lavender hue it has. It is definitely a darkened purple lipstick with a hint of pink. It makes the skin tone looks cooler too.

Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial
The perfect rosy pink lip colour!! I love my rosy pinks and this one does not disappoint. They are glossy, not sticky at all and creamy on the lips. I cannot praise it enough.

Rimmel Apocalips in Nova
A newbie but a goodie. This is such a beautiful medium blue pink shade that will look good if you have a warm skin tone like me. I love this shade so much and I am sure that I will get a lot of wear when the sun comes along.

What shade do you like the most? Will you be picking one soon?

4 comments:

  1. Argh! banyaknya lipstick, jeles :3. tapi colour Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Heartbreaker cantik giler :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried any Rimmel product! This makes me want to purchase one. Thanks for the great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at the wearable shades makes me want to go out and get some! :P I am recently on a red lip frenzy :P I want those rimmel lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celestial looks beautiful!

    http://juustpeachy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.