Thursday, 7 November 2013

Purple Peepers


Me and purple eyeshadows are best of friends. If I could have every purple eyeshadow palette out there, I would. The kind of purple that I always look for in an eyeshadow is they have to be quite dark, not too bright or neon. I find purple eyeshadows really flatter my light brown eyes and it makes them stand out. Here, I have a few of my favourites purple eyeshadow products that will have every brown-eyed girl out there lusting over. Here, I display a plethora of options to create that sultry purple peepers for girls from all makeup background. Either you are a high-end girl, a liner girl, a drugstore girl , a slap on and go kinda gal, I have it sorted.

Let’s start with my favourite of the bunch, the Dior 5-Color Eyeshadow in 970 Stylish Move. I Luuurve this so much that it’s the one that I have used the most. I have a baby version of it which I got from purchasing a Dior mascara but I will buy the full size in the near future (no doubt about that). It has the right shade of purple, mauve and taupe-browns to complement the whole look with a variety of finishes in one palette. I highly recommend this palette for the purple worshipper out there.

Another one that is worth mentioning is the Bourjois Smokey Eyes in Vintage Pink. I love this for the darkest shade in this palette. When swatched side by side to one of the colours from my beloved Dior palette, I couldn’t tell the difference. They are so much alike. I would love to see a neutral earthy shade in this palette but you can always rely on your neutral palette that you may already have.

When I was crazy about purple eyeshadows, a few years ago, Benefit Creraseless Cream Sahdow in Get Figgy landed in my hand and since then I am a convert. It is the perfect dark purple-pink shade that can pass as an all-over the lid colour. It is so hard to find a shade like this anywhere, really, so I suggest you to go out and hunt for this shade. I am not sure if benefit still carries the shade since they have reformulated and renewed their Creaseless Cream Shadow line.

Next in line are eye pencil and eyeliner by Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for eyes and Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in Perfect Plum. These two can really go together hand in hand because the Clinique isn’t exactly suitable to be a liner. Having said that, both colours are so great. Worn it so many times before that it has become my staple. You NEED a purple liner and a purple eye pencil in your life.

Finally, a stunner palette that is worth mentioning is the Burberry Eyeshadow Quad in Plum Pink. I bought this a year ago and I haven’t got around to using it. Bad girl, I know, but that is just because I am still very much in love with my Dior. I know I should give this one a chance to grace my eyes but when it does, you will be the first to know.

So, tell me, are you a purple worshipper?

3 comments:

  1. i never really like quads but that Burberry Quad looks so prettyy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. knp sab tak suka quad?for me, senang especially kalau all colours go well together..teringin nk own singles like mac eyeshadow, tp x tau where to start really..

      Delete
  2. As of late I am so loving purple, especially shadows but I don't own any unfortunately. I am trying to venture into the purple lips but I think in M'sia it would just look weird and it is kinda hard to find purplish lipstick available readily. Hehe...I do gravitate towards bronze, rust and greens most of the time. Purple will be next!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.