Monday, 27 January 2014

Benefit Lollitint: Review and Swatches






It is 2014 and it is time to inject a new colour into your makeup wardrobe. Introducing the new Colour of 2014 as announced by Pantone; Radiant Orchid. It is such an elegant shade of purple, in my opinion. According to Pantone, Radiant Orchid blooms with confidence and magical warmth that intrigues the eye and sparks the imagination. It is an expressive, creative and embracing purple—one that draws you in with its beguiling charm. A captivating harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid emanates great joy, love and health. 

I have seen so many bloggers suggesting products that resonates the Radiant Orchid shade but I had my eyes on one; the Benefit Lollitint which I will be reviewing today. What captured my eyes and heart at first is surely the happy candilicious packaging and the colour. I thought it is something unique that I do not have in my collection. Secondly, this tint can also be worn on the lips and cheeks like all the Benefit tints.

However, unlike Benetint, this has a thick liqiud-gel texture like Posie tint and Cha Cha tint. I appreciate the thick texture because that means it won't easily spill (I had lost half a bottle of my Benefit Benetint during a makeup mishaps) and learnt my lesson. 

The colour is spot-on for me. It is a shade that will make you happy and all cheery. At first observation, the pigmentation is not too intense because it still has some transparencies too it. That makes it super easy to blend and you have time to blend it around before it sets. I would advice working with one cheek at a time. It can be built up for intensity. Benefit suggests to do 3 diagonal strips on the cheeks and blend with fingers after you apply your foundation but before powder.  I was wearing two layers on my lips and cheeks in the photo and it already looks so bright. For everyday use, one layer would suffice. I can see that it will work on darker skin tones because it can be layered up for more ummphh. 

Because it is a tint, it actually sets and stains the lips and cheeks really well. The wear time is longer than Cha Cha tint and Benetint. It is still going strong even at the end of the day with a little fading on but nothing too major. I would also like to suggest that you keep a lipbalm handy to moisturise your lips  because this tint is not supposed to be moisturizing. 

I cannot express the joy this color brings to my makeup life!!! I am so happy that I finally decided to purchase it. And that cute packaging? Who will be able to resist that? It brought me back to my childhood. Oh well, I guess I will stop here or otherwise we will be here forever in Peter Pan Lolli-land wishing we never grow up. 

Benefit Lollitint € 33 here and I am sure it will launch soon in Malaysia. Keep your eyes peeled for that here.
 
 
 
 
Love,
Fatimah





5 comments:

  1. i really dont know hw nak apply this kind of blusher. tried bfore benefit punya tint (forgot the name) but dia messed up my foundation skali. i mean when apply the blusher with ur finger it drag the foundation skali. haha. mayb i la kot yang x reti nak apply. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing with this color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will do that actually but I just let it be..maybe you could try stippling brush..much more gentle in application so it won't mess up your foundation teruk sgt..hmm I think I should try that too now that I am talking about it..just use a tapping motion..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really?? Definitely a new shade for me.. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cantik la warnanya! <3

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.