Friday, 3 January 2014

Best Beauty Discovery of 2013: Makeup

2013 has been a year of makeup discovery for me. Anything more would be beyond my imagination. For me, it was the year of lip crayons, shadow pencils, sheer lipsticks, earth tone palettes and light coverage base. So without further ado let's not wait any longer. Behold, it is going to be a lengthy one.
 
 
 
Lipsticks were my kryptonite in 2013 and I had a thing for pinky mauve nude lipsticks. I just kept buying them and wearing them all the time. I have also been loving the Bourjois Color Boost a lot during summer time. No lips crayons can top this. Moisturizing, long lasting and  glossy, they are hard to beat. Another formulation that is introduced in 2013, is the YSL Rouge Volupte Shines. They are my favourite formulation out of the three that they have. It is glossy and have a punch of juicy color at the same time. Revlon had also made it to this year's best beauty discovery from their Balm Stains and Lip Butters. I lived by the shades Honey and Berry Smoothie all year round. Still in the pinky nude category are the Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Natural Beauty, (read) a no fuss lip color that never fails to impress. The whole range is a must have, in my opinion. Another classic is the Guerlain Rouge Gs (read). They are definitely a new discovery for me with their excellent formulation that last longer on the lips than an average lipsticks. The colour selections are to die for. Another lipstick that is constantly in my rotation is Too Faced Le Creme Lipsticks in Spice Spice Baby. Really moisturizing and nourishing to the lips. I wasn't really wearing lipglosses in 2013 but the one that stood out to me is the Lancome Gloss In Love. They are unique and they have a really fun colours to choose from.
 
 

For the face, I have certainly been wearing BB creams around summer time and then switched to foundations in fall/winter. The two BB creams that made the cut are the Guerlain Beauty Booster (read) and Gosh BB cream (read). Then, I went head over heels with the Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 foundation. It has the perfect amount of coverage and stays on the skin all day (look how much I have used it!!). Towards the end of 2013, I discovered Bourjois Happy Light and the YSL Youth Liberator foundation. Reviews for them will come soon but they are both such great foundation discovery of 2013. For setting my foundation, the best goes to Bourjois Healthy Balance powder. It keeps the skin matte without looking cakey. It is so finely milled that it veils the skin so beautifully. For touching up, I love my Chanel Les Beiges. It is on the sheer side, so it just provides a light layer of freshness by the time you touched up your makeup. Highlighter wise, I have been loving a subtle highlight from Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder. It is cheap and high quality highlighter that looks identical to Chanel  Poudre Signee de Chanel Highlighting Powder (read). For concealing imperfections, I relied on Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer because it doesn't cling to dry patches and conceal imperfections seamlessly and lasts a long time too. 


I have a few standouts for eye pencils and eyeliner. Essence Stays On No Matter What Shadow (read) and Liner pencil and Clinique Chubby Stick for eyes (read) have made the cut for the best eye pencil for their longevity and colour selection. For eyeliner, Rimmel is the best for it. They stay in the waterline and do not smudge. I was so glad when I purchased the Bobbi Brown corrector in Warm Natural. I reached for it every single day and every time I tried a new one I always went back to it. It is just good. Mascara wise two had been in a constant rotation; Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes and Clinique Bottom Lash mascara. One swipe of Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes gives me my dream lashes and the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara is the best at getting the most delicate hairs and it is there to stay and does not flake or smudge. The year 2013, had been the year where I got into eyeshadow. There three palettes that have a special place in my heart; Dior 5-Couleur Eyeshadow in Stylish Move (read), Chanel Ombré Matelassees in Charming (read) and NARS Guy Bourdin Crime of Passion palette (read). 2013 has also been a year that I was crazy about cream blushes. Cream blushes that stain the cheeks from Chanel (read), Dior (read) and Bourjois (read) were definitely my favourite out of the bunch. Max Factor Miracle Touch cream blush added something different to the mix with its tacky formula that sticks to the skin longer than an average cream blush. As for powder blushes, NARS blush in Deep Throat (read) and Dior Rosy Glow Awakening blush (read) are the best blush discovery for me.




Wow, that was a long read, wasn't it? I think I should stop here. Share some of your favourite beauty discovery from 2013 in the comment section. I am so looking forward to what 2014 has to offer. Roger and out. 



xxxxx,
Fatimah

4 comments:

  1. so many lipstickss! u are totally a lipstick lover! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..you know me too well ..leaps ni tak nak beli lipstick dah..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward ur 2014 lipstick collection. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perli nmpak..haha..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.