Thursday, 2 January 2014

Skins Cosmetics: A Discovery, Haul and Review




I think I have not been so inspired to do makeup shopping lately. I think I am actually looking for something really new and worthy to try. I want to try something from a brand I have never tried before; Kiko, Hourglass, Tom Ford etc. They are not readily available here in the Netherlands, so maybe I will be buying them when I am in Paris.

Anyway, in my beauty quest to find something different I came across this shop called Skins Cosmetics on our way back from Arnhem. I remember that they have a shop in Amsterdam. I also know that they carry brands like Diptyque, Ellis Faas, Aesop, Ren, Eccentric Molecules, Eve Lom, RMS, Laura Mercier among others. Basically they are brands that are hard to find here. 

I was so happy when I went there. The decor is so atypical of a beauty counter. It is a big open space and the exterior is all white which makes it look so chic and classy. It really is a beauty haven. I feel at ease when I am there. It was a completely different experience altogether. As it was my first time there, I decided to just look around and getting the feel of things. It is so close to my house so I can always come again whenever I want. I had a sniff at Diptyque candles and perfumes, swatched some Ellis Faas, Laura Mercier and RMS and then tested some skincare stuff at the Coola section. 

Diptyque candles really smell nice but I wasn't sure that I really wanted them. Maybe, it's my Asian olfactory but I do like their Eau Duelle perfume. I wasn't looking to buy any makeup although I did tested and swatched some lipsticks, highlighters and eyeshadows. A brand that strikes me most is RMS beauty. Their products are really different. They combined skincare and makeup together and their products are made of natural ingredients that are good for the skin. I think it is worth a try. 

I went home with one thing which is the Coola Classic Sunscreen SPF 30 Broad Spectrum OrganiSuncare. I ran out of my old sunscreen so I need to buy a new one. I heard about the brand from YouTube before but have ever been able to get my hands on one. When I first tested it, I said yes!! Yep,no proposal needed. It feels NOTHING like a sunscreen. It is so light and it smells like cucumber plus the ingredients are organic too!! So far, it's been good and it doesn't break me out. 

Overall, I am happy with what I purchased and I am so happy with the shopping experience at Skins Cosmetics in Oosterbeek. The service is so good and their salespersons are very highly trained and well verse in beauty. I am sure I will be back but until then I hope you enjoyed reading my shopping experience. I really wish all of you were there to join in the fun!!


xxxxx,
Fatimah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.