Friday, 24 January 2014

Clinique Chubby Sticks: Review and Swatches



A rummage through my lipstick drawer, besides lipsticks and lipglosses, you will most likely to find a lot of lip crayons from various of different brands. What is it with me and lip crayons? I guess it reminds me of my childhood when I used to do a lot of colouring. And I also think they are really pretty and cute  to have in your collection. Plus they are super easy to apply and perfect for on the go retouch. 

Anyway, almost every brand nowadays has come up with their own version of a lip crayon. Truthfully, I was having a slight obsession with collecting them last year but now it has overwhelm me to see that every brand wants to jump on the hype of it. However, Clinique was the first to come up with one called the Chubby Stick. Then, last year Clinique has come up with another version called the Chubby Stick Intense. I love them both for different reasons and today I am going to tell you a little bit about them. 

I have 3 Clunique Chubby Stick (CCS) and 2 Clinique Chubby Stick Intense (CCSI). Swatched from L-R are CCS Bountiful Blush, CCS Whole Lotta Honey, CCS Mega Melon, CCSI Roomiest Rose and CCSI Grandest Grape. 

You can probably see from the swatches that CCS is not as richly pigmented as CCSI however they are not too sheer or transparent either. I do think that CCS qualifies as a proper lipstick because they provide enough colour but they don't have the slippy texture or the glossiness that sheer lipsticks have. The CCS have enough moisture to keep the lips hydrated. You can top them off with a lipgloss for more shine but they look good on their own as well. They last around 2-3 hours on me. My favourite shade from the Clinique CCS range are Bountiful Blush; a beautiful mid tone rosy pink shade and Whole Lotta Honey; a peachy nude shade. Mega Melon is my least favourite it has this golden glitter running through (I don't like glitters in my lipsticks or lipglosses either). Plus, coral shade is a little tricky for me to wear. Clinique CCS has a lot of shades and you are likely to find your favourite shade in this range.

Clinique CCSI, on the other hand is richer and glossier than CCS. One swipe is all it takes for this to show up on the lips. If you like your lipstick to be pigmented,this is the way to go. I love that it is also very creamy and comfortable to wear on the lips unlike some pigmented lipsticks which can be drying. You get the best of both worlds with Clinique CCSI. The colour lineup are also great. They have a nude, a pink, a red, a berry, a plum and also a few reds and a coral shade. The two shades that I picked up also happens to be my favourite with Roomiest Rose, a medium rose shade and Grandest Grape which is a gorgeous berry colour. The CCSI definitely win in the wear time category but they are both different to compare to. 

Both of them are fragrance free, so if you don't like scent in your lipstick, these are made for you. I must say that I really love them all and I need to wear them more often. 

Do you have your eyes on the Clinique Chubby Stick family? Which shade do you like the most? Let me know by commenting below.


Love,
Fatimah 



 
 

2 comments:

  1. I dont have any! But I like CCS Whole Lotta Honey. Eh, all colors la I like. Hihi! Sis, buat post on how it looks on ur lip please.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramai org suka whole lotta honey..InshaAllah nnti akk buat, ok, either on instagram or here on the blog..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.