Monday, 6 January 2014

Dior Bonne Etoile: Review, Swatches and FOTD



Another Dior palette love and this is from the Autumn 2013 collection. I know, Iam too late for reviewing this but at last it's up. Better late than never, right? There were two eyeshadow palettes; Bonne Etoile (khaki hue) and Constellation (purple hue). I could not decide between the two but after so many hesitations, I took Dior Bonne Etoile home. My justification was, I already have a purple Dior palette which I really love (read), and I did not own any green eyeshadow in my collection yet. 



I have to say that between the two palette, the quality and the pigmentation of Bonne Etoile is more superior. Pigmentation is insanely smooth and the texture of the shadow is soft and buttery. They are all shimmery in finish and the colours are very flattering and wearable. It is a fun twist to a regular smokey eye.


From the swatch, you can see that the silver platinum colour is the most frosty out of all the shades making it perfect for the inner corner of the eyes. This palette consists of a dark khaki, a silver platinum, a teal, a seafoam green and a golden brown shade in the middle. The seafoam green shade adds a little freshness to the palette. It will be fun to wear it as a pop of colour on the lower lashline. The colours go so well together and they complement the eye look as you can see in the following picture.



I was wearing the platinum shade on my inner corner and on the first half of my eyelids, the dark khaki shade on the outer half of the lids, the dark golden brown shade on the crease and the teal shade on the outer half of my lower lash lines. 


Overall, I am really happy with the palette and the look I created with it. The shades are made to be flateering and wearable on everybody making it a really great, all-encompassing khaki eyeshadow palette. Sometimes, khaki can be too green, too dirty or too murky looking but this palette has got it down just right. In fact, it is the best I have seen so far.



Eyes: Dior Bonne Etoile, Chanel Eyeliner in Or Rose, Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express mascara, Bourjois Color Edition in nr.04  | Loreal Infallible Eyeliner in Khaki | Cheeks: Tarte Amazonian Clay in Exposed and Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder |  Lips: Dior Addict Extreme in Silhouette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.