Saturday, 25 January 2014

Friday's Face #23: On the Budget Makeup




I was inspired to do an all-drugstore makeup for Friday's Face  today. I cannot believe my eyes as to how this turned up. Drugstore products have really been upping their game, right? I mean, let the make-up do the talking. Well, I admit that good quality drugstore eyeshadows, highlighter, bronzer and brow products are really hard to find but I think I have found a good drugstore version for each.

The highlights of this look is definitely the skin, the eyes and the lips. Loreal True a Match foundation has been my longest favourite foundation and it's still here for a reason. It doesn't look cakey, gives great coverage and makes the skin look flawlessly natural. I also heard rumors that this foundation is a dupe for Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. All the more reasons to add this to your shopping list.

And the eyeshadows are definitely one of the best in terms of colour and pigmentation. That middle shade is do unique that it is easy to single it out as 'one of a kind'. It is everything you could ever want in an eyeshadow palette, at least for me. I tried highlighting my lower waterline with Catrice Made to Stay Highlighter pencil in 001 In the Mood for Nude. It is a matte peach nude shade which is perfect for brightening the waterline and the tear duct area. And may I add that this twists up? Definitely a perfect selling point over any nude eyeliner in the drugstore. 

Onto the lips, it has actually been my favourite nude lips combo since 2012. The lipstick and the lipgloss are match made in heaven. It is a nude that gives life to the face instead of taking it away. Oh, I am just smitten by it now that I am actually talking about it. 

I have also chosen a cream blush for this look and it is just a perfect shade for giving a fresh look to the smokey eye. The formulation and the quality of this cream blush is so amazing for the price and I am thinking of getting more shades. It reminds me a lot of the Stila Convertible Color in every way. And, I am here to report that it lasts so long on my skin. It sticks around until the moment I removed it.


So that is it for Friday's Face today. Let me know what you like most about this look and which products do you have your eyes on. 




Love,
Fatimah

Face: Loreal True Match in W3, Catrice Camouflage Concealer in 02, Garnier Anti-Dark Circle concealer, Bourjois Healthy Balance powder | Rimmel Glam Eyes HD in Brixton Brown, Catrice a Eyebrow Set, Catrice Inside Eye Higjlighting Pen, Rimmel eyeliner in Black, Hema Eyeshadow Base, Maybelline Big Eyes mascara | Lips: Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in 07 and NYX Mega Shine lipgloss in Natural | Cheeks: Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder and NYX Blush also in Natural



3 comments:

  1. Wahh.. nice to knw that Loreal True Match is a dupe for Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. Dah lama nak try the Armani Silk Foundation but I dont think it is available in Malaysia. But I did found a blogshop selling it. Hmm, but still afraid to buy it. Takot salah pilih color. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. akak pun tak berani risk beli foundation online..takut rugi duit..akk baca Amelia Liana, dia compare Luminous Silk dgn Loreal true match, and dia suasah nk tell them apart..plus armani kan owned by loreal, so probability yg diorg sama tu mmg likely..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, heard before bout same company tu. tapi tak terfikir bout that plak sebab tak pernah try both Armani or Loreal. So now nak kena try la ni. Hihi. Tq!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.