Tuesday, 7 January 2014

My Current Skincare Routine

For today's post, I wanted to share my current daytime and night time skincare routine. I have always changed skincare quite a lot because I like to try new things, plus, sometimes I feel like some skincare products stopped working on me after extended use. So, without further ado let's start with my daytime skincare routine.


For the day,I like to keep it light. After cleansing and toning, I took a tiny dollop of my favourite Origins PIantscription Anti-aging eye cream (read) and dab it around my eye area. Then, I started with my face. I am currently using the Caudalie Vinoperfect range to fight against dark spots I have from hyperpigmentation and acne scars. I have been using the serum and the day cream for the day. It feels lightweight on the skin and it does make my skin looks more radiant. I normally wait until the products sinked into my skin before applying my sunscreen. Currently, I am using this one of a kind sunscreen from Coola. It is such an amazing sunscreen because it had all the skincare benefit with antioxidants, omega 3 and 9, plankton extracts, vitamin B and C, evening Primrose Oil and linseed oil. It is seriously more than just a sunscreen. It keeps my skin protected while at the same time boosting my skin's own defence against environmental aggressors. I think you can tell, there will be a rave review coming up pretty soon. More on that later.



And then for night after removing my makeup, double cleansing and toning, I normally rummaged through my skincare wash bag and decide what to use that night. Depending on my skin at the moment, I would opt for either spot treating, hydrating, balancing, exfoliating, repairing or a rejuvenating treatment. For exfoliating, I would go for Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum followed by my Filorga Sleep and Peel and woke up the next day with fresh new skin. If I am feeling spotty at the moment, I would bust out my Philosophy Help Me Retinol Night treatment and Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream. These combo helps the cell turnover of my skin and helps fade scars faster. For a rejuvenating and repairing treatment, I relied on my Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair II and my Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate. Finally, if my skin is feeling out of balance; too,oily or too dry,  I would use my Clarins Lotus Treatment Oil (read). I just find that this is great to keep my combination skin in equilibrium. As finishing touches, I will always slather a lip balm before bed and right now my choice is Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm.

I know it was an extensive skincare routine but I simply cannot stick to one because my skin condition keeps changing depending on the condition it's been in. Anyway, that is all for this post and I will see you in the next one. 




3 comments:

  1. My skincare regime is quite terrible but I'm starting to take care of it now- the only thing I tend to do is cleanse, tone, moisturise and always a lip balm at night! Do you think the Nuxe lip balm is worth the hype? I've been wanting to get it for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's alreadybgood..i just have problematic skin thar's why my routine is a little extensive..i definitely don't get it the first time but now i like it....it's not something for everyone though..it is matte but it melts with the warmth of your skin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your routine is good :)
    Ah yes I've heard that a couple of times- hmm I think I'll give it a go once my current one finished inshallah :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.